Solved

BOM Updating the Expiration Date on the Material item line

• 20 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Is there away to update the BOM material items expiration date?   We just are testing some BOMs in our pilot configurations. and realized that some items have expired?  As far as I can tell you would need to make a new revision? 

Does the expiration date effect using the BOM in Production.

I am new to Manufacturing.  I figured you should be able to update the existing.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 20 April 2021, 23:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Evan G  - You an only update the BOM when it is on hold. Once you place the BOM on hold - you should be able to make those edits. 

Thank you.  It was nowhere noted in the documentation.  Or at least I could not find.

I appreciate your assistance.

Evan

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you use an import scenario the BOM does not have to be on hold.  You have to reference the operation number and search for the inventory item.  Make use to uncheck active flag for the inserts (e.g. <line> -1).  In the example below for 2020R2 I was setting the phantom flag for some assemblies.  The list of subassemblies was create with a GI, downloaded to Excel and used to create a Data Provider.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@dennisgodsill36 , This was extremely helpful. 
Glad we have the Community to assist & reference!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved