Solved

Adding Product Configurator results data to a Sales Order and Sales Invoice

• 16 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Looking for help in modifying standard Acumatica forms such as the sales order and sales invoice to include all of the product configurator results data.  

For those using the product configurator, have you modified your forms?  There are instructions on Acumatica Help for adding the data, along with a pdf copy of what it should look like, we would like help in doing this for our client.

Please reach out if you would be able to assist.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 16 September 2021, 16:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Open up Report Designer and open the reports Debbie indicated.  SO6410PC  is a subreport that can be used for orders, quotes, invoices, etc. SO6410AM is a modified version of SO641000 showing the subreport and the parameters to pass to it.  The help article, brilliantly written, shows the key fields you have to pass to the subreport.  The configuration results header has the sales order keys, the production order keys, and opportunity keys,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you so much for your response.  That is great to hear. Please let me know where I can go to download these reports.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Debbie Baldwin is their a sample report, perhaps in the demo, that I can download to review in Report Designer that samples how the subreport is formatted in one of these documents, quote, so, so invoice, ar invoice, etc.

For instance, a sample rpx of the attached report from https://help-2021r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=86def8d0-857d-4975-9eee-f2e49e44f8cc would be very helpful to reference.

The instructions are limited. It would be helpful to know the tables required, relationships required, etc. to save time especially since this information already exists in the attached pdf sample.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@nathantrauscht - we already have the reports with the Config results added as stated above. Are you trying to add this information in other reports other than the configuration? Sorry - just want to make sure I answer you correctly. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@dgodsill97 True, the help article has the key information to add the subreport. In fact, we used this today to add the subreport SO6410PC to SO641010, with success. Still need to work out some formatting and a visibility expression for the subreport. All of that would be more direct, if there was a sample of the rpx file available that was used to create the pdf sample on the wiki page.

When I say the instructions are limited, I mean that there is nothing to help with the visibility expression to hide the subreport when the linenbr does not have configuration options.

Also, SO6410AM is a modified report using the subreport SO6411AM, which is the Estimate Subreport, not the Configuration subreport I referred, SO6410PC. It uses completely different parameters.

I was asking for a sample of the report used to create the PDF sample, see above, that already has the subreport SO6410PC.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You use the  Acumatica Report Designer to modify forms/reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I hope this helps you with your question. 

We have the following reports:

• CR6045AM          - sub report: estimates for opportunity/sales quotes
  • SO6410PC            - sub report: configurations for sales order
  • SO6410AM          - main report: This is a copy of sales report SO641000 which already is wired up to SO6411AM to show estimates on sales quotes.
  • SO6411AM          - sub report: estimate details for sales quote

There is a help wiki on this topic: Adding Configuration Data to Forms

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved