Solved

Add Formula Editor column in Product Configurator Options

• 23 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Team,

Has someone done a customization to add formula editor column in product configurator options that allows us to add some useful/additional information on options level? Or is this in current product roadmap?

The current Qty Required column is just quantity of component/option that is used mainly for stock consumption/costing but I need additional information such as cutting dimension to tell shop floor people at what exact length and width of material they need to cut, like in the example below. 

I have tried using formula editor on Attributes but each option in the configurator has different type of information to be added so ideally it’s a column next to each option.

icon

Best answer by dgodsill97 6 October 2021, 16:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Unfortunately you can’t write a formula for an attribute but you can use a formula to populate the configuration key, key description, and transaction description.  You can enter the formula for the configuration key or use a <FORMULA> “attribute” to show the data during configuration (I do this all the time to see the field values) and then use the Field assigned to the <FORMULA> to populate the configuration keys,

The key, key description, and trans description are store in the config results table.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Looks the <FORMULA> are broke in 2022R1, every time you enter a formula for a <FORMULA> it thinks it binary, erases the formula an makes it a checkbox.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved