Solved

Convert customization project from version 21.209.0034 to 22.210.0020 (2022r2)

• 15 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello

I got client’s customization project with version 21.209.0034

How to convert it to 22.210.0020 (2022r2) in proper way ?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 15 March 2023, 20:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello Ivan,

In most cases Customization projects are supported on all minor versions of the same major release.

In your case a 22r209 customization is likely to work on all 22r2 versions.

In some cases It can be compatible with other major versions depending on the contents of the customization..

I would recommend having a staging site that is an exact copy of your production environment to test the customization install on.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello Ivan,

In most cases Customization projects are supported on all minor versions of the same major release.

In your case a 22r209 customization is likely to work on all 22r2 versions.

In some cases It can be compatible with other major versions depending on the contents of the customization..

I would recommend having a staging site that is an exact copy of your production environment to test the customization install on.

Hello @aaronbeehoo01 

Thank you for the provided explanation.

In case if I will need to update customization project, how I can do that ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Ivan

You will need the source code, VS installed, and a local installation of your instance with the updated version data to be able to trace and debug. If you do not have all of them configured, it will take some time to set them all up and of course, you need to know C# (I assume you have received your customization package and source codes and is developed in C#)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Ivan

You will need the source code, VS installed, and a local installation of your instance with the updated version data to be able to trace and debug. If you do not have all of them configured, it will take some time to set them all up and of course, you need to know C# (I assume you have received your customization package and source codes and is developed in C#)

Hello @aaghaei 

All what I was provided is customization zip package. Inside it contains only project.xml 

How can I update it ?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Ivan were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved