Solved

User Authorization - Smartsheet Templates

Userlevel 2

Hello All, 

I am in the process of integrating smartsheets and I’m running into user authorization issue. When I try to load smartsheet templates, I receive a message stating “you are not authorized to perform this task”. I am an admin-level user. Does anyone know what user role(s) need to be modified? Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Aschneid 1 September 2022, 15:21

View original

12 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Can you provide a screen shot, please? In order to help, I’d like to understand what buttons you clicked on, what fields you populated, and in what screen you are working. I’d like to know more detail about the steps leading up to the error.  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Aschneid 

Ensure that you have the Customizer Role. 

Userlevel 2

I have the customizer role activated, I was able to pick that up in a previous thread. I appreciate your response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Aschneid 

Here is a GitHub article on the smartsheet integration, it also talks about user set up. 

Here it is:

https://github.com/Acumatica/Acumatica-Smartsheet

Userlevel 2

@laura01 Here is a screen shot of the message I'm receiving from ACU. I'm working within project preferences under the Smartsheet settings tab. I receive this message when i click on “Load Smartsheet Templates”. I’ve used the Github link provided above by @kbeatty21 as my guide.

I am noticing now that the Smartsheet token is showing disconnected (under my profile) even though I’ve completed, and repeated this step a few times now. This is likely related to the user authorization error I’m receiving. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@laura01 Here is a screen shot of the message I'm receiving from ACU. I'm working within project preferences under the Smartsheet settings tab. I receive this message when i click on “Load Smartsheet Templates”. I’ve used the Github link provided above by @kbeatty21 as my guide.

I am noticing now that the Smartsheet token is showing disconnected (under my profile) even though I’ve completed, and repeated this step a few times now. This is likely related to the user authorization error I’m receiving. 

It does not appear to need a special role in Acumatica though. 

Badge +18

Hello, @Aschneid , I don’t think I can help you further.

Badge +18

Hello @Aschneid , I noticed a new post about SmartSheets and wanted to call it to your attention. It’s your chance to give feedback and possibly receive help from the experts:

Userlevel 1

@Aschneid, did you get a resolution to this?  Having the exact same issue with not being able to connect.  Everything appears to be configured in Smartsheet and Acumatica correct, but profile still shows Smartsheet is disconnected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @jleveson50 

Did you look at the GitHub link for the integration?

Userlevel 1

Yes, I believe that is only location that the integration and documentation is located.  Not sure if it’s a security or URL mapping issue.

Userlevel 2

@jleveson50, In my case it was a URL issue. I was able to contact the integration developer directly and he fixed it for me. I will send you his contact in a private message.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved