Smartsheet 2021R1 Integration Error

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I’m trying to publish the 2021R1 Smartsheet Integration in our demo site but I keep getting the below error “The type initializer for “ListPMTaskAttribute’ threw an exception”. It suddenly started working yesterday but now it’s broken again. Can anyone help out? 

I only have the customization published to one tenant and the other tenant is having the same error. I do not get this error when the customization is unpublished.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @cshaheen26,

Could you please click the “Details” button in the trace and report back the detailed error message visible in the trace?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Gabriel Michaud, the integration is suddenly working again. I’m not sure why it’s happening. Another user said it’s because they needed active projects and tasks, which I already had so I’m not sure why it was happening to me. It only happened when I attempted to login to the Projects list/screen and the Project Preferences screens.

If it happens again, I will share the full Trace Details.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Gabriel Michaud , the error is happening again. Here are the Trace Details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@cshaheen26 thanks, that is useful. This source code of this project is available on GitHub so I was able to find the location where it’s crashing.

When you see the error, are you also having issues opening the project maintenance screen? I’m not exactly sure the issue is caused by the SmartSheet integration.

@famadoz96 FYI

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Gabriel Michaud yes, I cannot open the Project entry screen (PM301000) or the Project Preferences screen (PM101000).

The screens work fine when the customization is unpublished.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t see any obvious bug and the trace message doesn’t provide enough info… @famadoz96 is one of the developers, he might see this, but I would also suggest opening a support case with Acumatica.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Another user mentioned his issue was that he didn’t have an available project and project task. That’s not my issue here because I have projects and tasks. I am concerned though it could be because the other tenant I have does not have projects or project tasks. Even though I’ve only published the customization to the one tenant, I get the same error in both tenants.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@cshaheen26 @Gabriel Michaud 

This has been complicated to replicate as it does not happen all the time.

The issue happens when the ProjectEntry graph is instantiated in order to display the fields dynamically in the PMSSMapping.NameAcu dropdown.

The error itself is not clear, as ProjectEntry is a graph that is actually needed to have the Smartsheet integration in use (as it drives the Projects page), and thereforethe graph instantiation should get completed w/o errors.

We have an alternative approach being managed in Event Handlers that will get tested in the next few days.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you, because I tested by unpublishing and adding an active project and task to the other tenant and then republished to demo tenant and it still did not work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@cshaheen26 @Gabriel Michaud 

A new version of the integration is available in github. You can find it here.

This version includes the following adjustments:

- User-defined templates can now be used.
- Refresh token functionality driven by the user is available.
- “The type initializer for “ListPMTaskAttribute’ threw an exception” error:

With the previous version, this error happened erratically. I received a snapshot from an user and was able to replicate it, but then the same environment stopped presenting the error. 

I was able to identify the error occurring while instantiating the Projects graph - which does not add up given that the Projects module is needed in the first place.

In either case, a new structure for the dynamic dropdown was implemented using the CacheAttached method and a FeatureInstalled condition.
I have been able to successfully link smartsheet from 21R1, 20R2 and 20R1. But then again, the error was happening erratically in the first place.
If the error is presented again in the future please report it in the Github repository

For the time being, please go ahead and use the new version.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved