Solved

Silent login to Acumatica

• 14 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Any idea how to bypass the login screen and auto-login using user id and pwd to Acumatica URL and access the page so thereby a user doesn’t need to fill the credentials? I assume this shld be possible as we can see help.acumatica.com working without needing to login (wondering).

What’s the use of this? You can auto-login for your application/web page and allow the user to access from a valid link, this can be used for approvals, online proofing or other usage.

icon

Best answer by srogovtsev 12 October 2020, 17:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi hsarjapur

Do you want to pass user id and pwd details in the Acumatica URL ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

If we send a URL to customer domain.acumatica.com/mypage.aspx?id=xxxx and when they click it takes them to that specific page, however the login screen gets called, so user has to login, right at this we would like to login automatically login using default user id and pwd (webuser) and silently login and redirect to the page where customer was asked to go … 

Webuser would be a user/contact with internal or external access, and we set the pwd to that account and manage, this approach would allow us to login and still be connected without user knowing they are logged into Acumatica and we get few things done in the back… Hope i was able to explain the flow ...

AWhat’s the use of this? You can auto-login for your application/web page and allow the user to access from a valid link, this can be used for approvals, online proofing or other usage.

If the purpose is for applications and communication from a webpage, wouldn't this be better served through an api? And if it is for user login as well, couple it with SSO?

I believe there is no official support for this scenario now. To the best of my knowledge, Acumatica is expected to work in a secured environment (help.acumatica.com being a very specific exception).

To do this in a secure manner you’ll have to implement your own short-lived tokens to allow silent logins, and then somehow add their support to Acumatica authentication pipeline, which is not officially extensible.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved