Rename merged customization project

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi

In this topic

it was suggested how I can download the merged customizations

During this process 

Acumatica assigns its  own name (customization) to new package

Does Acumatica support renaming of the package at this step ?

As I can see I can rename customization directly at Customization Project tab 

I am not sure that it will not lead to errors, but if this way to rename customizations is correct, everything is okay

icon

Best answer by markusray17 8 July 2022, 20:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Yes you can just rename the project to whatever you like. The one quirk with this is that if you already published the project and then change the name it will unmark it as published(only in the UI, it will actually still be published) until the next time your publish customizations. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yes you can just rename the project to whatever you like. The one quirk with this is that if you already published the project and then change the name it will unmark it as published(only in the UI, it will actually still be published) until the next time your publish customizations. 

@markusray17 Just to clarify

If Acumatica generated merged customization which contains 3 customizations named “A”, “B” and “C” with name “customization”

I can rename it to “B”, then import it to Acumatica, after  importing this package to Acumatica in customization project tab it will be depicted with name “B” and there will be no errors ? (I am interested in moment that if customization of upper level can have same name as customization that was included in it)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Yeah that shouldn’t be a problem as long as you don’t have two customizations with the same name on the same instance. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yeah that shouldn’t be a problem as long as you don’t have two customizations with the same name on the same instance. 

@markusray17 

thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved