Solved

Push Notification to Discord

• 6 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,
i drove into a problem today.

I created a Push-Notification which outputs through a webhook, whenever a ticket is created, or changed, or deleted. I now would like to get these informations to Discord. Discord allows you to create a webhook URL which u technically could or should be able to paste into acumatica. But whenever i trigger the webhook, nothing gets posted inside of my Discord Server. I checked if the webhook works on pipedream. So there are definitly notifications going through the webhook.

Any ideas? I don’t know what i have to do at this point

Inside of Acumatica i get this Error Message: 

Send to target Discord failed. Message: WebHook returns not success code: BadRequest; Message: {"message": "Cannot send an empty message", "code": 50006}

or

Send to target Discord failed: WebHook returns not sucess code

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 7 November 2020, 01:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello!
How do i check this?

JSON seems correct. Have you checked with Discord support about this problem?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello!
How do i check this?

Discord creates a Webhook Link on their own by just a button pressing.
Which means i didn’t program the webhook itself. I only tried to insert the Link into the Push-Notification field to send a Push-Not to my Discord webhook.. 

So sorry if my question might seem a bit odd, but how to i check if the json sent from Acumatica is valid? 

If i check it on webhook.site i can see this (JSON is Valid)

{
"Inserted": [],
"Deleted": [
{
"CaseID": "000022",
"Subject": "test",
"Status": "New",
"Severity": "Medium",
"Priority": "Medium",
"AccountName": "Muster GmbH",
"DateReported": "2020-11-12T13:26:18.467",
"ClassID": "STANDARDTI",
"EmployeeLogin": null,
"OwnerName": null,
"Contract": null,
"ContactName": "Westermann Jannik, Herr",
"LastModifiedOn": "2020-11-12T13:26:56.787"
}
],
"Query": "DB-Cases",
"CompanyId": "Demo",
"Id": "28d00bb5-aa9c-43ff-b221-1206e957ad06",
"TimeStamp": 637407844167787833,
"AdditionalInfo": {
"PXPerformanceInfoStartTime": "11/12/2020 13:26:56"
}
}

Greetings

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Inside of Acumatica i get this Error Message: 

Send to target Discord failed. Message: WebHook returns not success code: BadRequest; Message: {"message": "Cannot send an empty message", "code": 50006}

or

Send to target Discord failed: WebHook returns not sucess code

I found this post here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54879325/i-keep-receiving-an-empty-message-error-when-trying-to-post-a-webhook  which suggests JOSN being sent could be invalid for some reason.  Can you check if the JSON being sent/received at Discord is valid?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @naveenb74,

i followed this guide but came upon the problem that webhookinbox didn’t want to create a webhook link for me, so i switched to pipedream. I indeed saw, that the webhook is working and pipedream received data. But Discord won’t, so i am a bit… Confused.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jwestermann17 ,

In Acumatica, to test the Push Notification using webhook generally will follow the steps mentioned in the below link to confirm that Push Notifications are working.

Link: https://www.acumatica.com/blog/tackling-an-integration-challenge-via-push-notifications-in-acumatica/ 

Hope this may help you to get this issue resolved.

Best Regards, 
Naveen B

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved