Solved

outlook add-in for shared mailbox

• 2 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is it possible to install the outlook add-in for a shared mailbox? I have it installed for my inbox, but it’s much more useful if I can access from the shared mailbox. When I click the inbox for the shared mailbox, the add-in disappears from the ribbon. 

icon

Best answer by jyounker18 3 March 2021, 16:32

View original

5 replies

I don’t think this is possible.  You can’t directly log in to a shared mailbox so there would be no way to load the add-in through OWA.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@jyounker18 yeah I figured that out after doing a little bit more research. This is a Microsoft dilemma… Would be nice though! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@sean21  - One of our clients came up with the following workaround that you might want to try.

if you right click on the plugin when in the primary mailbox you get the option to Add to Quick Access Toolbar which adds the plugin option to the top-left menu.  

This can then be used even when focused on the Shared Mailboxes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Colin MacMillan thanks for sharing. I’ll have to test that out as well. Looks like a pretty creative solution! 

Userlevel 2

@sean21  - One of our clients came up with the following workaround that you might want to try.

if you right click on the plugin when in the primary mailbox you get the option to Add to Quick Access Toolbar which adds the plugin option to the top-left menu.  

This can then be used even when focused on the Shared Mailboxes.

This was so helpful. Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved