Solved

Make Invoice status "Open"

• 21 December 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi I need to create Open Invoices for adding them Payments and Application. I just need to create 20 invoices in order to add 20 rows for payment in order to test data generation 

As I understood only Open Invoices could be added to “Document to Apply” tab and only with same Customer 

So, how to make Invoice status “Open”  ?

If you know more fast way to generate 20 rows for “Document To Apply” tab for payment than creating 20 Invoices individually, I will be very grateful 

icon

Best answer by Ivan 6 January 2022, 13:15

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Invoices move to an open status once they are released. So assuming you have a balanced invoice you would be looking for the Release action to move it to an open status. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Ivan  Yes, If you wanted to make them OPEN status, you need to RELEASE the Invoices.

If you have the bulk Invoices to release, you can do in below ways.

• Schedule the Default Acumatica processing screen Release AR Document (AR501000), it will fetch all the Balanced invoices and will release based on the Schedule Configuration periodic time.
  •  You can also create a Import Scenario to RELEASE the invoices.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Invoices move to an open status once they are released. So assuming you have a balanced invoice you would be looking for the Release action to move it to an open status. 

Hi, markusray17

I performed “Release in Action tab”

after that the status of the Invoice became closed

The release of the invoice must be done by another approach ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan  Yes, If you wanted to make them OPEN status, you need to RELEASE the Invoices.

If you have the bulk Invoices to release, you can do in below ways.

• Schedule the Default Acumatica processing screen Release AR Document (AR501000), it will fetch all the Balanced invoices and will release based on the Schedule Configuration periodic time.
  •  You can also create a Import Scenario to RELEASE the invoices.

Hi Naveen B

I have released Invoice via Release AR Document (AR501000) 

but after that the invoice remains in “balanced” status

You also mentioned “it will fetch all the Balanced invoices and will release based on the Schedule Configuration periodic time”  

Where I can check this Schedule Configuration periodic time ? Can I configure it in such a way that it will make balanced invoice open faster ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Ivan  This invoice is applied to the Payment, hence Invoice status will be closed.

If Invoice is not applied, then Invoice status will be stay as OPEN

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan  This invoice is applied to the Payment, hence Invoice status will be closed.

If Invoice is not applied, then Invoice status will be stay as OPEN

Something strange happen

I created new Invoices 

the stopped to appear at this tab

What I do wrong ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

On newly created invoice, can you change the Post period to 12-2021, not sure why its reflecting 04-2013.  Check Release AR document screen and let us know the result.

Regards
Vijay​​​​​​​

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

On newly created invoice, can you change the Post period to 12-2021, not sure why its reflecting 04-2013.  Check Release AR document screen and let us know the result.

Regards
Vijay

Hi Vijay​​​​​​​

The last Post Period I have is this, I can’t select 12-2021 as you suggested

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

Please select any existing Active, Open period and try. You may select 06-2021.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi, Markusray17

Unfortunately, after I release the invoice it becomes closed instead of being open 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

Please send a screenshot reflecting your document amounts on header and the application tab. 

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

Please send a screenshot reflecting your document amounts on header and the application tab. 

Regards,

Hi vkumar

Here is invoices which I want to release and make open

After Processing they become closed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

The documents reflected on above screen are ‘Payments’ and not ‘Invoices’. 

Payment would be marked as ‘Closed’ if applied in full to an invoice. 

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

The documents reflected on above screen are ‘Payments’ and not ‘Invoices’. 

Payment would be marked as ‘Closed’ if applied in full to an invoice. 

Regards,

In header the Type field has “Invoice” value,  not payment 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

Please send the screenshot of Financial details tab and Applications tab of above document. 

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

Please send the screenshot of Financial details tab and Applications tab of above document. 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved