Solved

Integration - Distribution has Negative Amounts

• 17 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone have an equation that can turn a negative to a positive amount in integrations. Our client integrates several thousand transactions and a handful (maybe a hundred) sometimes have a negative amount in the Debit and Credit field. This is happening because of how they are entered in the originating system. I have tried a few equations but keep getting errors.

=IIf( [Debit Amount]>0, [Debit Amount], [Debit Amount]*-1)

• Cannot perform the ‘*’ Operation on System.String and System.Int32. 
    • I have tried double and decimal formats and still get this error.

=ABS([Credit Amount])

• An error has occurred while the Abs(Identifier(Debit Amount)) function was being executed: ‘Type mismatch in the argument 1 of the Abs() function: Expected on of the Integer types.’
    • I have tried the Int32, double, and string types. 
  • I use this in excel. Not sure if the function actually works in Acumatica but thought I’d give it a try. 
icon

Best answer by ChandraM 17 December 2021, 19:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rebeckamckinney53 To which screen are you integrating the data? is it the Journal Transactions Screen?

If it is a negative debit amount, then it is actually it is positive credit amount. Similarly, a negative Credit is a positive debit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rebeckamckinney53 What is the language being used in the integration? If the changing credit to debit and debit to credit for negative values does not help, please provide more details on your integrations code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rebeckamckinney53  If your are referring to the import Scenario integrations, try the below:

=IIf( CDBL([Debit Amount])>0, CDBL([Debit Amount]), CDBL([Debit Amount])*-1.00)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @rebeckamckinney53  If your are referring to the import Scenario integrations, try the below:

=IIf( CDBL([Debit Amount])>0, CDBL([Debit Amount]), CDBL([Debit Amount])*-1.00)

This was it! Sorry I didn’t respond last week. I got caught up in a few emergencies and didn’t see the replies until today. i spent the morning testing and getting everything else resolved. I appreciate all of you input!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved