How to load user-defined Smartsheet templates into Acumatica?

Userlevel 3
Badge

The SMARTSHEET SETTINGS tab added to Projects Preferences by the Acumatica/Smartsheet integration provides the ability to load Smartsheet templates into Acumatica.  You then map fields in the Smartsheet templates to Acumatica fields.  Invoking this features loads a number of existing templates.  What I’m not able to determine is, how do I add to this list Smartsheet templates that I've created myself?

22 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @john55 , did you find a solution to this?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@cshaheen26 , not yet, we submitted the question to the folks at Smartsheet, awaiting their reply.  I’ll post it when received.

Userlevel 1

My understanding from Smartsheet is that the SS templates available are only the SS generated ones (not the ones you create yourself).  If SS wanted to support this partnership, it would be great to have a SS template that is made specifically for mapping to Acumatica projects.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Doug Johnson Is what @noahriley stated correct?  We submitted this question to the folks at Smartsheet too several weeks ago, no response.  Based on no response to this question and other interaction we’ve had with them, they don’t seem very interested in this partnership.

Being forced to use someone else’s Smartsheet template would severely limit the usefulness of this integration.  Unless there’s a workaround I’m overlooking...

Userlevel 1

@john55 Templates that shows up within “Project preferences” are the ones created within Smartsheet. Have you tried creating a template in smartsheet?

BTW, Sorry that you haven’t heard back from SS team. Who have you reached out to at SS reg. this and other questions? Please loop me in (ajoyk@acumatica.com) and @Doug Johnson and we will push with our contacts at SS.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ajoy, I have multiple custom templates but I don’t see them in the Project Preferences screen. Is there a step I’m missing that will maybe publish/share them to my Acumatica site?

@ajoy, I have multiple custom templates but I don’t see them in the Project Preferences screen. Is there a step I’m missing that will maybe publish/share them to my Acumatica site?

Was wondering if you have managed to figure out how to have these custom templates in Project Preferences. We too have a similar requirement and I can’t get the custom templates to be loaded in Project Preference screen

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yarlini77 Sorry to disappoint but I have not found any solution to this item.

Userlevel 1

@Doug Johnson and @ajoy   I know that you have mentioned that this is a community supported customization, but based on press releases from both companies, it sounded like this was a much more robust partnership...

Smartsheet Partners with Acumatica to Deliver Enterprise-Grade Business Management Platform | Smartsheet

Acumatica-Smartsheet Integration - Marketplace | Acumatica Cloud ERP

The Smartsheet ‘Templates’ that are available are only the Smartsheet Pre-Built Templates, not custom user templates.  As the fields available in Acumatica are relatively fixed, and the only templates available through Smartsheet are their standard templates, is there someone at Smartsheet that could build a Acumatica specific Pre-Built Template that mapped the key project fields in Acumatica.  It seems the mapping should be default / automatic between the system fields.

I am getting issues with errors that prevent even generating the sync (previously posted on, no solutions).  We were counting on this integration functioning to provide more robust dependency scheduling of tasks.  If you have a contact at Smartsheet that would be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

Userlevel 1

Hi @noahriley, we are looking into this right now so we can update the package with the ability to import and use custom Smartsheet templates. Will update soon once we have this working.

Ajoy

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Dear Community:

The SmartSheet integration software on GitHub was updated today. See https://github.com/Acumatica/Acumatica-Smartsheet.

The latest version works includes the ability to import custom templates, corrects errors related to syncing dates from SmartSheet to Acumatica, and provides optional refresh token functionality. Caveat: I have not yet tested user defined templates or tried to map fields to a custom template.

Userlevel 1

Hi All, 

I have installed the updated 20R2 SS customization, and while the refresh token button works great, I am still getting the same Start Date / Duration errors:

I’ve seen numerous other posts referencing this same issue.  If I map just Task Name > Task ID and Comments > Description the sync works fine.  It is only when including dates that I am still having issues.   

On a related note - are dependency and Ghant view on the development teams radar as features to add?  They would be really great elements to round out a basic project management feature set for Acumatica. 

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@noahriley I have not experienced the issue when using the latest version (posted June 25) and using Acumatica 2021 R1. Which version of Acumatica are you using?

Userlevel 1

@Doug Johnson I am using 20R2 - I am using the latest customization for 20R2, but maybe upgrading to 21R1 will work better?  Thanks

Userlevel 2

I can’t load the Templates.  I get the error

I am connected and have refreshed the token with no issue.  I have some SS templates in my SS within a Templates Folder.  What am I missing?  This is critical for a demo on Wed.  2021R1.  I downloaded and installed the lastest version on Github Monday. 

Userlevel 2

I can’t load the Templates.  I get the error@Doug Johnson 

I am connected and have refreshed the token with no issue.  I have some SS templates in my SS within a Templates Folder.  What am I missing?  This is critical for a demo on Wed.  2021R1.  I downloaded and installed the lastest version on Github Monday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@nphillippi74 I just tested on 2021 R2 using a default installation with SalesDemo data and was able to connect, load templates, and create/sync a project. 

I tried breaking some things to see if I could replicate your error message, but I was not able to.

Userlevel 2

@Doug Johnson Where are your smartsheet templates in SS? Are they in a folder?   Mine won’t load at all.   I have a demo on the 17th

We have construciton installed.  Would that cause my issue?

Hello, 

Can anyone help me with the steps to add New customized templates? And, are we able to add columns to the existing templates? I haven’t found a way to do that. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Has anyone tried to use a template in the Projects Quotes  and then convert to a project in ACU and SS?

Hello,

This may not be the thread for this question but I tried publishing the new AcumaticaSmartsheetIntegration22R2 customization today and got the following message as a failed validation. Can anyone shed any light on this and what to do next? Thank you!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all when making changes to the projectsand having the smartsheet integration, when I update the %complete or add new tasks, does that pull through into smartsheet and vice versa.

When I am testing making changes and then sync, the changes do not pull through.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved