Solved

How to create a dashboard from excel data?

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have some payment date data for different  customer in an excel spreadsheet. How can i bring that data to ecumatica to create a dashboard where i can see the list of the customers payment due on a particular day?

icon

Best answer by Nayan Mansinha 31 December 2020, 01:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Why is this data in excel and not in Acumatica?  Due dates of invoices are already in Acumatica, so why not just use that data on your dashboard?  The goal should be to get rid of the spreadsheet if possible.

If you must have the spreadsheet then you can use import scenarios to import the info you need, perhaps as user defined fields on invoices.  then you can create in inquiry that includes the user defined fields along with your invoices which will allow you to put on dashboards as you wish with lists, graphs, pivots, etc..

Another simple option is to use PowerBI which is quite easy to upload your spreadsheet to and then put the power BI tiles on your Acumatica Dashbaord.

There are lots of options but important to better understand the details of what you  are really looking for first.

Here is what data i have and how i want to represent them in Acumatica. I have spreadsheet for every single customer ,where they provide pay period(biweekly ,monthly)  and which day of the month they want to get paid for the upcoming year. For example, customer A, pay period is 1/1/21 to 1/12/21 and the payment due date is 1/15/21. For customer B, pay period is 1/1/21 to 1/14/21 and the payment due date is 1/18/21. This information is provided by the customer and we have to abide by this payments date. Now i want a dashboard where i can see the list of customers, whos  payment is due on any given day. Or a inquiry where i can get the list of customer payments due day for next week or any particular day.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I have spreadsheet for every single customer ,where they provide pay period(biweekly ,monthly)  and which day of the month they want to get paid for the upcoming year.

….

This information is provided by the customer and we have to abide by this payments date. Now i want a dashboard where i can see the list of customers, whos  payment is due on any given day. Or a inquiry where i can get the list of customer payments due day for next week or any particular day.

Assuming spreadsheet is of fixed/agreed upon format, one can create customization to read these spreadsheets to compile this information and store them in custom tables which then can be used to drive further calculations needed and can be projected in the form of GI/dashboard(s).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved