Question

How do I create a Web Service Endpoint for Template Items so I can update an Attribute called PHOTOURL via the REST api?

• 1 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have successfully updated the value for an attribute called PHOTOURL on a Stock Item via the REST API using the Default Endpoint.  I did this using Postman and also wrote my own standalone app which works without problems.  I am now trying to do the same for a Template Item.  As there seems to be no Default Endpoint set up for Template Items I created my own.  This works fine for updating the description field but fails when I try to update the Attribute value for AttributeID PhotoURL.  I am using the same method as I used to update Stock Items and have recreated the same Attributes Entity in my own Stock Items endpoint as a test.  The same body text that works to update the Attribute using the Default StockItem endpoint doesn’t update using my endpoint.

As far as I can tell I have set it up in the same way. Does anyone have experience of setting these up and can shed some light on where I’m going wrong?

See images below:

Default endpoint which updates attribute value
My endpoint which doesn’t update attribute value

Thanks for any help,

Phil

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

HI @ppowell ,

I’ve verified the same through Postman and experienced the same issue. Attribute values are not getting updated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jinin Thanks for confirming it’s not just something I’m doing wrong. 

Phil

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved