Solved

Error in Screen Editor with SplitContainer: "Cannot create an object of type 'System.Int32' from its string representation '' for the 'Panel1MinSize' property."

• 27 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a problem with my customization project.

I added a SplitContainer manually to the aspx file since it is not avaible as control in the Screen Editor. It worked fine until I dared to remove Panel1MinSize of the SplitContainer in the Screen Editor. From then on Preview Changes always failes with this error message.

“Cannot create an object of type 'System.Int32' from its string representation '' for the 'Panel1MinSize' property.”

Setting this property again with an integer value does not help. Even after removing the splitter this error message prevents to preview the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to remove the hole screen and add it again with different ID.

icon

Best answer by mhaps 30 November 2020, 18:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @mhaps ,

From the Customization Project Editor, can you click File->Edit Project Items, and then locate the screen where you added the split container? Please copy-paste the entire contents of the XML Source you see here. I’ll try to help.

Sometimes the layout editor or manual ASPX edits will result in invalid customization XML which can’t be rendered or published; in such cases manually editing it from the Project Items is the only solution

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the quick reply.
I don’t have the aspx file anymore. It is not the reason for the problem. I removed the property Panel1MinSize  with the screen editor, not in the aspx file. Publishing the project was possible at any time.

After creating a new screen and copying the very same content the problem was gone.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have the problem again. This time it is the property MinHeight of AutoSize.

I removed the Value in the Screen Editor. Then Preview Changes fails with “Cannot create an object of type 'System.Int32' from its string representation '' for the 'MinHeight' property.”

I found the empty MinHeight in the aspx file and removed it. But that did not help! I can publish and run the project without error but Preview Changes still fails.

I’ve attached the aspx file but as I mentioned before it seems the aspx is ok and the error is hiding somewhere else.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Gabriel Michaud Preview still crashes. Is it possible to ‘reset’ the Screen Editor somehow?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can certainly remove the screen completely from the customization, but I’d suggest opening a support ticket with Acumatica dev support. It’s a bug...

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you are on a local version or have file access you can fix it by opening the aspx page in the AcumaticaInstance/CstDesigner/YourUsername_YourProject/Page.aspx directory and then fixing the field.

For some reason putting an invalid configuration prevents the customization editor from saving any changes to the actual designer aspx file.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved