Solved

Email Integration - adding a configuration setting to prevent the original email from being marked as "read"

• 3 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Sorry to the misleading Subject text. 

I meant to first ask if anyone knows if there is a way to prevent Gmail emails from being marked/flagged as ‘read’ after it is synced with Acumatica.

Ideally, it would be great to have a configuration setting that enables to you turn this off so that the original email in Gmail (or Office 365) still appears as “unread”. 

icon

Best answer by jeremy4 2 November 2021, 19:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have this issue as well...curious...did you find a resolution?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

There is an option listed in the following FAQ that could help, but may not work for all email configurations so please keep this in mind.

Emails being “read” occurs when using IMAP config - this is specified in help and is expected. 
https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=703c2d6e-5e43-4122-896b-160f2c9d4aaf

Hopefully using draft as specified in the FAQ above will help your use case, otherwise I recommend setting up custom root folders and only syncing the email you want to sync and are OK with being read by Acumatica. 

Userlevel 1

I believe I found a solution. I am not confident if this is a wise approach but it seems to work. If the incoming email is set to pop incoming messages do not display as read after being processed. Imap still seems to work on other devices. Someone can let me know if this is not a good idea but everything seems to works as it should. See screenshots. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved