Solved

Create Payment with different customers at "Documents to Apply" tab

• 6 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi

The aim of this topic is to identify how to add invoices with different customers to "Documents to Apply" tab

The result which I am trying to achieve look like this 

The Customer of the Payment is ABCVENTURE and the customers of the invoice which I added to the table are AVCSTDUDIOS and ABCVENTURE

However, in another acumatica I can’t add invoices with different customers, for example 

Here Acumatica allows to add only one invoice, because only one have corresponding customer

How to add invoices with different customers ? 

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 6 January 2022, 14:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is a feature "Business account relations". 

You can have hierarchical customers structure, e.g. in that example ABCVENTURE is a child company of ABCHOLDINGS. That's why you can add the payment to the invoice. 

See details here:

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=feb0945a-19f5-4705-a874-b2a450028277

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There is a feature "Business account relations". 

You can have hierarchical customers structure, e.g. in that example ABCVENTURE is a child company of ABCHOLDINGS. That's why you can add the payment to the invoice. 

See details here:

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=feb0945a-19f5-4705-a874-b2a450028277

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

Adding to what @dnaumov mentiond

• enable parent child relationship
  • set the parent account on child Customer accoun
  • enable ‘consolidate balance’ on child account

This enables you make apply payment of parent Customer to child customer invoices.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

Adding to what @dnaumov mentiond

• enable parent child relationship
  • set the parent account on child Customer accoun
  • enable ‘consolidate balance’ on child account

This enables you make apply payment of parent Customer to child customer invoices.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Thanks a lot, my issue is resolved

Re-opening this topic…

The Parent/Child relationship won’t help in situations where either the Parent or the Child already has a relationship with another account. 

In other words, an account can have only 1 Parent at any given time.

Plus, I’ve been told that the Parent/Child relationship cannot be nested, which means a Parent account cannot have it’s own a Parent account. (If this is incorrect, please let me know!) 

So my question is: When it’s not possible to use the Parent/Child relationship between accounts in Acumatica, how do you apply a payment received from one account to other unrelated accounts? I encounter this scenario 2 or 3 times a week and our solution so far is a real pain - both for the CSRs that have to manually enter them into the system and for our Finance team, who have to deal with it in the bank reconciliation. 

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Re-opening this topic…

The Parent/Child relationship won’t help in situations where either the Parent or the Child already has a relationship with another account. 

Make one account the parent over all the accounts as each child account can have that same account as a parent.

Then post the payments through the parent account as it can post payments to the child accounts.

You basically would us the parent account as the master payment

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved