Solved

Create custom entity for storing credentials in Acumatica

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi,

In this topic 

I asked for possibility to store credentials for ftp server connection in Acumatica custom entity

How to do it in a right way ?

When I created custom entity, it required Screen Name of the  already existing entity

What should I choose ?

icon

Best answer by jinin 22 April 2022, 20:30

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

Before creating the custom entity, you need to create a custom screen with input fields and write the logic to store the data in the custom table.

Then you need to create the entity in the endpoint.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @jinin 

Writing logic to store the data in custom table requires creating class for new screen where such logic will be implemented or after creating custom screen fields will be ready for using them in my customization project ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I will provide you sample tomorrow

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I will provide you sample tomorrow

@jinin Thanks a lot, I will be waiting !

Acumatica version 2021R2

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

I’ve added a sample custom screen and endpoint for your reference. Please make the necessary changes as per your requirement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

I’ve added a sample custom screen and endpoint for your reference. Please make the necessary changes as per your requirement.

Hi @jinin 

thanks a lot for providing vast amount of help

I will check it out and let you know

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Ivan have you been able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

Hi @jinin 

Sorry that I have not been responded for a long period of time.

Please, help me to clarify such moments : 

1)You wrote the following : “I’ve added a SAMPLE CUSTOM SCREEN and endpoint for your reference.”

it means that SAMPLE CUSTOM SCREEN Custom Project that you have prepared earlier for work with Automation schedules, I do not need to include now, right ? It strange that it does not show screen name for your new Custom Project.

2)I thought that it would be just new entity inside existing endpoint, but you provided a new endpoint with new entity, will it cause some conflicts with my custom endpoint with which I am working for the project ?

3)The code you provided contain commented rows, can I just uncomment or it requires some additional logic to be written ? CustomTable here is just usual class that I need to define, am I right ?

4)Once I save my credentials to Acumatica, how can I get them in my code ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan have you been able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Hi @Chris Hackett 

I have some questions to clarify,

Sorry for holding this case for so long

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

1. I created a new screen to support inserting the Username and password through the custom endpoint
  2. Its a new endpoint only supports inserting the data from the custom screen and does not conflict with your existing endpoints
  3. You can write your logic based on your requirement. I just added a sample code.
  4. You will get the input from the API request (Filter fields - user name and password). You need to write the logic and save it to DB
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan 

1. I created a new screen to support inserting the Username and password through the custom endpoint
  2. Its a new endpoint only supports inserting the data from the custom screen and does not conflict with your existing endpoints
  3. You can write your logic based on your requirement. I just added a sample code.
  4. You will get the input from the API request (Filter fields - user name and password). You need to write the logic and save it to DB

Hi @jinin 

Thanks !

I mistakenly choose my question instead of your answer as BEST ANSWER. Is there ability at forum to mark your reply as best answer ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think we can't change :)

@Chris Hackett   Do we have any option to change the Best Answer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan Am not sure about this

@Chris Hackett  Do we have any option to change the Best Answer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan Am not sure about this

@jinin   I am sorry about that ((

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan Am not sure about this

@jinin   I am sorry about that ((

No issues :)

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Ivan I have removed “Best Answer” so you can choose the one you wish to mark now. 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Ivan I have removed “Best Answer” so you can choose the one you wish to mark now. 😀

Hi @Chris Hackett , thanks. I selected jinin’s answer

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @jinin 

You created custom screen for me for storing credentials

I need to add new field - Url

I added it at endpoint, but nothing appeared in view 

How it must be modified in order to add new field ?

thanks in advance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ivan 

Updated below
Modify custom entity for storing credentials in Acumatica | Community

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

HI @jinin 

I need your assistance with this customization project again.

My goal is merge all customization projects into one single and use new package for other Acumatica instances with same version 2021R2

In this topic 

It was described how to merge 3 customization projects into one single.

With the new package that contains also your package “Custom Endpoint” I receive such  error while publishing my new customization package that contains also “Custom Endpoint” package that you provided for me

I tried to change namespace CustomEndpoint for which I receive error  to my project name namespace, but it become unworkable, so I cancelled changes.

Just to be sure that I described everything :

1. I merged customization project into one 

by viewing published 

1. I tried to publish it to another Acumatica instance but get error for your customization package

Please, help to solve this

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved