Solved

Business event trigger on stocks

• 17 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I need to synchronize the product stocks with our website through API and I would like to trigger the application on product stock change so I have 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to add a business event trigger on product stock change?
  2. If point nr 1 is possible can a business event trigger start an application from ‘Run application’?
  3. If point nr. 2 is possible, can we send arguments(parameter) based on event? I would need to send the inventoryID as the parameter in this case.

icon

Best answer by jamesh 22 January 2022, 00:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @dit01

1. Business events can mimic any manual process/event that could be done through an import scenario and be assigned a trigger by any trackable change.  My favorite way to set up a trigger is through an inquiry, linked to a business event, then have the import scenario run that set of data associated with it.  I think this scenario is fairly standard for most users.
  2. Would the application reside on the Acumatica Server?  If not, then no.  Acumatica is built on ASP, and as such, it doesn’t allow remote code execution for an application on a distant network.  Even if it did, it would be a huge security risk.  
  3. N/A

I hope this helps.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

If you run it on prem, you could do this with a SQL trigger as well. This would involve custom database programming and custom code logic.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved