Solved

Wells Fargo Payment Manager

• 25 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am attempting to create an ACH Export to go along with the Wells Fargo Payment Manager through the batch payments screen. I found out from Acumatica that we cannot utilize the Cash Account Details, or VendorAccountDetails in an Export scenario based on the Batch Payment screen.

The ticket was moved to Acumatica services, and they quoted an obscene amount to write this. Has anyone tied into WF Payment Manger? If so, would you be willing to give a little direction as to how this was accomplished?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by jbuddecke71 24 August 2022, 19:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve found the same thing. As of now this is a customization because all the data is not currently accessible with the standard DAC. There are different possibilities for how the customization could be done. Examples are adjusting the DAC so that the Batch Payment screen could be used, Custom export process, create an export Scenario (but this could be clunky, slow or otherwise not ideal.) Hopefully Acumatica will make this easier in the future since it is a common need. 

Hello, I am attempting to create an ACH Export to go along with the Wells Fargo Payment Manager through the batch payments screen. I found out from Acumatica that we cannot utilize the Cash Account Details, or VendorAccountDetails in an Export scenario based on the Batch Payment screen.

The ticket was moved to Acumatica services, and they quoted an obscene amount to write this. Has anyone tied into WF Payment Manger? If so, would you be willing to give a little direction as to how this was accomplished?

Thanks in advance!

Curious if you ever came up with a solution?

We had to create a customization to obtain the correct ACH file format for Wells Fargo CEO portal. Our customization is working and has been in use for a few months now. Let me know if you would be interested in the Customization package.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge

I came across the following which I will perhaps try with Wells Fargo:

Implementation Details of the U.S. ACH Plug-In

In Acumatica ERP, instead of using the predefined export scenarios, you can use the flexible U.S. ACH plug-in, which can be adjusted to meet customers’ and banks’ requirements.

The plug-in is more user-friendly and easier to configure than the predefined export scenarios are. The plug-in provides the flexibility to adjust ACH export settings according to known variations in customers’ and banks’ requirements for exported US ACH files. This flexibility includes the following capabilities:

• An offset record can be added to an ACH file.
  • Addenda records can be added to an ACH file, and rules can be configured to generate the addenda description.
  • The mapping of ACH fields can be changed. For example, the Company Identification remittance detail can be configured to be exported to the Immediate Origin field of the ACH file.
  • The format of the File ID Modifier field of the ACH file can be adjusted (that is, it can be set to either 0-9, A-Z or A-Z, 0-9).
  • The value in the Service Class Code field of the ACH file can be set to 200 (mixed debits and credits) or 220 (credits only). Also, the value in the Standard Entry Class Code field can be set to CCD (Corporate Credit or Debit) or PPD (Prearranged Payment or Deposit).
  • The type of a vendor’s account (savings or checking) can be specified. The system considers this type when it generates the transaction code for records of type 6 in the ACH file.

The use of the ACH plug-in provides enhanced validations, including control of the ACH export settings and verification of data validity.

Setup of Payment Processing by Using the U.S. ACH Plug-In

To start paying your vendors by using the U.S. ACH plug-in, you should perform the following steps:

1. You sign up for the ACH service with the ACH operator. As part of the sign-up process, you receive the credentials with which your company is registered in the ACH network, such as the account number, bank routing number, and company identification.
  2. You set up agreements with your vendors covering ACH transaction authorization, and you get information about their accounts in the ACH network.
  3. You set up the payment method to be used for ACH payments. For details, see To Add a Payment Method for the U.S. ACH Plug-In.
  4. You specify remittance information (ACH credentials) for each cash account that you are going to use as a source for paying your vendors. For details, see To Add Remittance Information to a Cash Account.
  5. You assign the payment method intended for ACH payments to each vendor that will accept ACH payments. By using the ACH-related information that you collected from each vendor in Step 2, you fill in the settings of the payment method on the Payment tab of the Vendors (AP303000) form. For details, see To Add a Payment Method for the U.S. ACH Plug-In.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved