Solved

Stock Item import scenario error

• 29 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I get the following error when I try to prepare the import of stock items via an import scenario I created.  

Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal

The file I need to import is about 23k rows.  I copied the first 14 rows from the original file with the same headers and those 14 prepared and imported just fine.  I think it has to be some sort of formatting error but I cannot figure it out.  Has anyone else had this issue and was able to resolve it?

Thanks,

Jess

icon

Best answer by wfilipiak67 29 June 2021, 23:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rsternberg96 

See below-attached screenshot, if your excel contains invalid data it throws an error Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jessjohnson01
I have found that with this error message, there is usually a field in excel that is not formatted as text but contains a large number. 
Like an item code that is 123456789012

The excel cell might be displaying the number in exponential notation 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My issue happened to be a reference code from another system in the format of an exponential expression 9508e triggered Acumatica to think this was an extremally large number resulting in an error. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve got the same problem since updating to 2021 R1. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved