Solved

SO Import to w/ Create Prepayment Button

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create an import scenario to bring in a sales order and create a prepayment on that sales order. I am able to bring in the SO just fine however the prepayment does not seem to be working. Has anyone been able to import with this button?

The error that I get is:

Here is how I have my import lined up:

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 9 May 2022, 21:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @podonnell11  Can you please share the XML format of the above import scenario.

And also, can you please let me know which version you are working on?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @podonnell11  Can you please share the XML format of the above import scenario.

And also, can you please let me know which version you are working on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @podonnell11  I have modified the above import scenario and verified it, and working as expected.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @podonnell11  I have modified the above import scenario and verified it, and working as expected.

Naveen,

I was able to get past the initial error using your updated scenario. However I now have another error.:

I wonder if this has to do with some other setting in sales orders that I need to activate. I tried and go the same error on a later release of 2021r1.

Userlevel 3
Badge

After updating the customer to default to this:

I only received one error: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@podonnell11 - did you ever figure out the errors? I am also getting the same when I run the scenario:

'Payment Method' cannot be empty. 'Cash Account' cannot be empty. Error: 'Payment Ref.' cannot be empty.

I have my import scenario set up the same as @Naveen Boga detailed and have specified a Source Field / Value for each of these three fields so I’m not sure what is preventing this from working.

Also, will this scenario work on import files with multiple lines per order?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga - I got this to work by changing the order to the below:

However, if the data provider file has multiple sales order lines, a prepayment will be created per each line. (e.g. if the sales order has two line items, the prepayment will be duplicated so there are two prepayments on the order.)

Is there a way to prevent the prepayment from duplicating?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Naveen Boga I am able to successfully import sales orders and create the prepayment record. However, in some cases, the prepayment amount may not equal the order amount. Therefore, I am mapping the amount field. Record 1 creates successfully, but Record 2 uses the prepayment amount from Record 1. Any idea how I can fix?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved