Solved

Item Description and adding alternate vendor/part numbers to the stock item profile

• 28 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good afternoon,

I have a couple of basic questions;

1.  Change the class on item
  2.  Change/replace the existing description to a new one
  3. Add Alternate vendors and part numbers to the stock item profile
  4. Add weight and volume
  5. Add MSRP
  6. Add a data to a bunch of attributes..

I would like to do this in one import scenario.  Does anyone have template?  Or possible can lead me to how to update the class and description.  Add alternate vendors/parts is missing something?  Attached is the sample/test file.  Below is screen of the beginning scenario.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by wfilipiak67 28 October 2021, 15:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Just an update.  The dialogue box is not working.  When I run the import scenario, I can an error about confirming that I want to update the defaults.  Any advice? 

Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you for you assistance.

I will give it a try

Evan

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@EvanG, Here is the xml for the above example.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@EvanG , 
Here is a sample Import Scenario to update the item Class & Description & to add a new vendor to the Item. 
The key is you need to answer the Question (dialog box) that pops up when trying to change the Item Class. In my example, I answered YES to override the defaults.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved