Solved

Importing Invoices With Tax Total

• 9 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I am trying to import historical invoices into Acumatica using the out-of-the-box ACU Import AR Invoices import scenario. My file has a column for total tax which I tried to map to the tax total field on the invoice header. After running the import scenario, the invoices are created but the tax total remains 0. 

I suspect this is because the field is greyed out/disabled on the invoice entry screen. I tried to enable the field using both the ASPX editor and by setting the Enabled property of the PXUIField attribute in code. Neither of these worked, the field is still disabled. 

Does anyone know how to enable the tax total field, or have had success importing tax amounts for historical invoices?

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 10 July 2021, 20:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Are you doing this in migration mode?

The documentation I’ve read suggests that import scenarios essentially automate what you can key within the UI, so I think you’re correct that if you can’t do it manually you will run into limitations.

@arlinewelty93 

Yes this is in migration mode. 

My understanding is that the tax total field is calculated based on the entries in the Tax Details tab of the invoice screen. In fact, from testing it seems that the invoice balance validation uses the tax details instead of the tax total field. So even if I was able to plug something into that field, the invoice would still read out of balance. 

I believe I’ll have to import some fudged tax details to get the document total correct. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @maxp78 You can define a Taxzone called Manualzone and configure the new taxzone to enter the tax details manually vs automatically populating. And then, import the tax into the Tax Details tab.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @maxp78 Please find the below screenshots for your reference to define the Taxzones, Tax Categories

Hi all, I also need to modify the Tax Details > Tax Amount value when importing historical AP Bills.
I came to the same conclusion this is where it needs to be updated as I can manually type a custom value over the auto calculated Tax Amount in the UI.

I cannot work out how to map to that field in the Import Scenario successfully.
Any suggestions on which Import Scenario lines are required to map to this field and override the auto calc value?

My attempts so far, all result in retaining the auto calculated Tax Amount rather than overriding with my ‘Tax Total’ from the Data Provider.

Line Number =1

Tax ID = Taxes.TaxID

Tax ID = ‘ACTUALTAXIDNAME’

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Graeme Laughton-Mutu, Please try if the screen allows this expected behavior. Try entering the Tax Details record directly in the Bills and Adjustments screen, and verify.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Graeme Laughton-Mutu  From the screenshots shared by you, I notice that the <Line Number> is assigned 1. to insert the record into the details, the value of <Line Number> should be assigned to -1

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Graeme Laughton-Mutu   

It might be typo in the above comment from @ChandrasekharM  it is NOT -1.4 it should be -1.

• To insert/add a new line it should be -1
  • To delete a line it should be -2

Here is the screenshot for your reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Naveen B  Thanks for mentioning about the typo that it should be -1 instead of -1.4. Corrected the same in the above post. Yes, it should be -1.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved