Solved

Importing into Project Budget Forecast

• 26 September 2022
  • 11 replies

I’m importing into the Project Budget Forecast screen and I have it working except it is requiring an inventory id. If I put in an inventory id, it works. However, all of my other budget lines don’t have an inventory id on them (<NA>). 

Is there a way I can get this to work for the <NA> lines? 

Thanks in advance.

Paige

icon

Best answer by Sharp 20 February 2023, 16:32

View original

11 replies

Badge +16

Hello Paige,

I have been able to import the <NA> in other screens, but never tried in Project Budget Forecast.  I’d like more information, please:

Can you show the import scenario ?

What is the Budget Level for your projects?

What is the exact error message when you don’t have an item?

Thank you.

HI Laura,

Here is a picture of my import scenario. I’ve tried it multiple ways, with making the inventory id field inactive, filling it with <NA>, etc. No matter what I do, I get “Error: Inventory ID” can’t be left blank. 

Now, if I create a budget line with an inventory id and then do the import using that budget line with the inventory id, it works. However, all of my budget lines don’t have an inventory id. 

Thanks for responding!

Paige

To add, if I change the import scenario to this:

The error received is:

Field: Inventory ID, Value: <NA>      , Error: 'Inventory ID' cannot be found in the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To add, if I change the import scenario to this:

The error received is:

Field: Inventory ID, Value: <NA>      , Error: 'Inventory ID' cannot be found in the system.

Could you please check if we can pass Null? I have not tried but Just want to check if this can resolves? or else Please share the Import scenario file here, Some one can take a Look.

Thanks

Attached is the scenario. No, I get an error with Null as well. The attachment has it with Null. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @paigeh - did you find a solution? Thank you!

@Chris Hackett no, didn’t get a solution. 

This worked for me:

Set the filter for Inventory ID to = ‘<N/A>’

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Construction module has two exception fields (cost code & inventory item) in all data entry screens regardless of budget level settings. While other fields (Account Group & Task) can be and will be saved null if not provided, the former two fields need value to save the records. These two fields defaults depending on you site settings can be different from others. The easiest way is to enter a manual record and save and see what value is displayed and use those values in your import files as default if you do not have an actual value. If you have not manipulated your site preferences the default for Inventory is <N/A> and cost code 0 repeated by length of cost codes

Userlevel 2

Note that you have <NA> instead of <N/A>

you are missing the “/” in the data you uploaded….

Thank you totochow! I didn’t catch that. I haven’t had a chance to get back to this but hopefully next week. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved