Solved

Import through business event fails initially

• 28 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi all, i would appreciate if anyone could assist or suggest any fixes. I am trying to check a custom bool field on a sales order split line using a business event triggered by an action off a GI. 

the GI lists all allocated sales order split lines for a stock item marked as “requiring calibration” on the stock item

i check the line, actions - “Calibrate Line” which triggers a business event with an import scenario as a subscriber. the idea is to check the bow “Calibration Certificate Created” so that they don’t attempt to calibrate lines already calibrated. The event runs and fails with the entry below in the history.

If i check the option in the history and “execute” the import runs successfully. If i run the import scenario as a stand alone scenario, it also is successful which points me down a route of an issue with it running as a business event from the action rather than a problem with the import scenario. 

version is 2021R1 21.105.0023

any suggestions would be appreciated, import scenario below. 

icon

Best answer by matthewjames83 12 December 2022, 12:01

View original

2 replies

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue?

I have the same/similar one - as standalone the Import Scenarios with GI dataprovider works fine. If wrapped as Business Event - it triggers, reports success but he record is not updated…

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve had a few of those recently, what version are they on? where it reports success but it hasn’t actually worked. i investigate these with stand alone import scenarios but it’s still tricky to work out. The above got resolved by creating the BE and import scenario again from scratch rather than copying a previous scenario in via XML that I had used in that instance.

What is the trigger on the BE? grouped or per record?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved