Solved

Import Scenario to update existing time activities “Employee Time Activities” screen??

• 23 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Does anybody know how to update an existing time activity using business event/import scenario? I am trying to update time activities with the correct project task and cost code combination when techs enter time incorrectly. It’s like an “auto-correct” feature…. The GI I have brings in the incorrect time entries, the business event triggers on record insertion, and the import scenario is supposed to replace the project task and cost code with the correct coding. 

The two challenges I see are:

1. Perhaps I need to place the activity on “hold” first so the project task and cost code are editable fields. You can see in the import scenario that I tried placing on hold, saving, then editing the fields and saving again.
  2. How do I link the records in the GI with the proper time activity? I’m trying to do this using the RefNoteID. It seems as if that’s the only way to link them so the correct entry is updated through the import scenario.  

The XML of the GI and import scenario are both attached. I also read the topic below as reference, but that’s for importing new records. 

icon

Best answer by cshaheen26 27 February 2024, 18:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@sean21 did you receive an answer to your question? I am running into the issue where my import is just importing another line instead of updating the one already there.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@cshaheen26 unfortunately not. I ended up scrapping this and going in a different direction entirely. 

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to do the same thing. Any ideas out there? I’m trying to update using the RefNoteID but am not able to pull a specific line. @sean21 what direction did you head in?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@kellymorin16 in our use case, we were exporting time activities to Workforce Go. I ended up creating a separate GI for the Workforce Go export/integration and used iif statements to ensure that the proper project task/cost code combination was used. Fortunately we had only a few combinations that were possible so it was easy to address with formulas. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@sean21 @kellymorin16 I managed to get the import to work using the below settings in the import scenario. I am using a GI that pulls current Time Activities and using the RefNoteID as the key.

Userlevel 1

@cshaheen26 You are THE BEST! I was missing the Hold lines. Thank you tons!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved