Solved

Import Scenario to add primary contact name not working

• 25 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This seems like it should be straight forward but I’m not seeing where the issue is.

I have a file with Vendor Code and a name.  I’m trying to update an existing vendor record to add the name to the General → Primary Contact → Name field.  The import scenario doesn’t report any issues but also isn’t updating the field - and no contact is added to the vendor. None of the vendors have a contact record at this point.

I can type a first and last name into the field on the screen with no issues.

Build 20.210.0044

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 29 March 2021, 17:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a file which has the first and last name in the same cell. Is there a way to have the import scenario automatically populate the first name in the first name field and last name in the last name in this scenario?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Naveen B - thank you.  I guess my challenge was that I was updating that name field that already had existing values (just changing from lower case to upper case) so I figured I could update just the ‘name’ field vs. the separate fields.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @djangodunn37 

In the Vendors screen, once you provide the First Name and Last Name fields and SAVE the Vendors screen it will show the combined value. 

Please find the screenshots for reference.

Before Save the Vendor

After SAVE the Vendor

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Naveen B - thank you for your reply.  Is there a way to populate the ‘combined’ field that’s on the screen vs breaking up the first and last names in my import file?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @djangodunn37 ,

I just created an import scenario for updating vendor information (Primary Contact → FirstName and LastName) and the details updated as expected. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Hope this helps!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved