Solved

How to try & change the customer ID via an import scenario

• 22 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, 
I am trying to mass change the customer IDs via an import scenario. 
This works if run one on record selected at a time but it does not process if all records are selected. 
If I turn on Parallel processing than about 700 records process. 

I am not sure why.
Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 23 June 2021, 15:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Something must have changed. In order to update customer or business account ids I needed the scenario written this way:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Something must have changed. In order to update customer or business account ids I needed the scenario written this way:

The first solution didn’t work for me but this one did.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@variuxdavid 

I used the Import scenario to update the change ID IN the sTOCK Item. Please have a look on it

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @wfilipiak67 I have tried this in my local machine and working as expected for multiple customers.

Please find the import scenario screenshots for reference.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you! It turns out there was just something wrong with the new ID I was trying to change it to, probably already a BAccount somewhere. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@asmith50 or @Naveen Boga do either of you know what changed that made this work differently 6-8 months ago? It may be nice for those who come along after us to understand why it changed. All of my homework is attached :-)

I am using: Acumatica Cloud ERP 2021 R1
Build 21.126.0013

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks! That worked great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wonderful :) Thanks a lot for sharing the update.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello! I am trying to get my import scenario to update Branch IDs in mass and have tried all of the above variations but continue to receive this error: “Cannot insert the record. The record BAccount has been marked as deleted. Your changes will be lost”. This is how I have it set up right now:

I am testing this in 23R1 - does anyone know if there is another way that works?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved