Solved

Edit multiple projects with Import by Scenario/

• 27 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I have imported a few hundred projects as active with active tasks for an audit (long story), and now would like to run an import to close out the tasks and project.  However, it is duplicating the existing projects instead of modifying.

Is there a way to use the Import by Scenario to modify as such, so I don’t have to assign these to techs to close out one by one?

icon

Best answer by greglang 13 March 2021, 02:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Kfryover27 its not a direct answer to your question but I have attached to GI’s I use all the time for such activities.  I have a large data set and just yesterday in fact changed the Sub account on 20k tasks with one of these.   

You can complete the Tasks then the Projects with them.

If you go to the GI edit screen you can import from XML to see what you think of these but they should do the trick and I like them better because if you need to make a change to a lot of projects or tasks you can customize your filters and see the results in real time.

Badge

Kfryover27 Activate the Manual Numbering of the PROJECT numbering sequence. That should do it. 

Would you like to share your import scenario?

Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved