Question

Create a Variable in Import Scenario

• 16 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way I can store a value in a variable while running an import scenario?  I have a situation that would easily be solved if I could store a value temporarily and then use that value later in my steps to store in a field and/or to use it in a logic statement.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

The biggest situation is when I’m trying to consolidate separate phone fields into 1.  I have logic like:

Variable =IIf([Field Phone 1] > ‘’, [Field Phone 1], ‘’)
Variable =IIf([Field Phone 2] > ‘’, [Field Phone 2], ‘’)
​​​​​​​Variable =IIf([Field Phone 3] > ‘’, [Field Phone 3], ‘’)
​​​​​​​Variable =IIf([Field Phone 4] > ‘’, [Field Phone 4], ‘’)
​​

[New Field Phone] = Variable             // Set a new field to the Variable
=IIf(Variable > ‘’, Variable, ‘’)              // Use Variable in a formula.​​​​​

The above is an example and much simpler that what I am doing.  But this should give you an idea of what I am trying to accomplish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @PRapnikas  I don’t think we can store variable on the import scenarios.

Could you please let me know your requirement and what your trying to achieve so that I may suggest you the alternate approach, if I can.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved