Solved

Can I put parameters like MM/DD/YY into export scenarios file name generation?

• 7 December 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

Every time, I run export by scenario, I got a fixed file name.

Can I make the file name generated with date as suffix?

icon

Best answer by Irina 2 February 2021, 22:26

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@podonnell11 - I tried updating the Filename format in the same place in export scenario ,just need to add the same format formula to one more place.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I do not know if this only applies to the ACH export, but I have updated this for ACH files:

Jim

I have tried to change this line … maybe my export scenario is bugged. I think I’ll try it on a different instance of Acumatica and see..

Userlevel 3
Badge

I do not know if this only applies to the ACH export, but I have updated this for ACH files:

Jim

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is this still the case on newer versions? I am trying to have my ACH export follow a certain format:

ACH _YYYYMMDD_HHMM.txt

The export scenario seems to be locked in no matter what.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ddunn ! Right. Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah - I see what you’re saying; the options are a little limited but as long as I can make the file name unique we might be able to live with that outcome!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@arlinewelty93 - The synchronization options are associated with the file itself. From the Export by Scenario screen click on Files.  Next to your file, click on the Edit link.  That takes you to the File Maintenance screen (SM202510).  On that screen you can see the Synchronization tab which has an option: Export File Naming Format.  But it doesn’t have many options and doesn’t allow you to specify your own ‘dynamic’ filename.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Irina 

Can you say more about using synchronization to create a dynamically named export file? I have the same requirements as the other folks. Looking through the documentation I see plentiful info about Salesforce sync & HubSpot sync but I’m not getting results for export scenario sync. 

Also I am pleased that it looks like I can only export records that the export scenario has not processed before, assuming I am understanding this selection list correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ray20 , there is no option to include specific values for the file's name in Acumatica.

There is an option when you have synchronization turned on where set up the export file naming format, for example, if you select date, each time you export the file the date will be included in the file's name but that's the only option available.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@vkumar Hello, do you remember that you saved me by pointing out “schedule export scenario” with SFTP previously?   That works perfectly, thanks again.
Now this requirement actually comes from another vendor, still, they are requiring for report on weekly basis. Just some difference with the previous vendor, the detail is as below:

Example File Name: MEM203112 ‐ File Extension is optional (.txt, .csv, .etc)
Delimiter Settings: File Should use either a pipe delimiter, comma, or fixed width. ( Ex: data|data OR data,data )
File Name: Starts with 3 letter member desiginator code provided by Frosty Acres followed by date code. (EX: MEMyymmdd.txt)
Field Qualifier: Data should be encapsulated with double quotes ( Ex: "data" )
Headers: File does not contain Headers

Taking all their requirements into consideration, I am thinking of an export scenario which export data into a csv file which encapsulate all data with double quotes will meet their need.

However, if the file name with date like “MEMyymmdd” can not be generated automatically weekly,
Can you suggest anyway to fulfil it?
Report design with schedule template and email sending looks like a way to go, but it seems the data can not be encapsulated with double quotes in that way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ray20 

The option to configure export file name is available on Reports designer. Its not available on Generic inquiries.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ray20 I believe if you edit the report, click into the report settings, there is a spot for the Export File Name, opening that will allow you to use formulas

@ccleary  Thank you. but it is not a report designer thing.
in my scenario, no report designer be involved. The file is from GI.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ray20 I believe if you edit the report, click into the report settings, there is a spot for the Export File Name, opening that will allow you to use formulas

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ray20,

I don’t think this feature is available in Acumatica now (generates file name dynamically) while uploading.  But still, we need to get confirmation from Acumatica officials on this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved