Solved

Can an import scenario be used to perform the Copy Sales Order action

• 4 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have a customer who has a large quantity of recurring sales orders. Customers reorder the same items on a weekly/monthly/quarterly schedule. They would like to be able to have these recurring orders generated automatically.

Today, they’re using quotes as templates for the various recurring customer orders and when it’s time to create an actually sales order, they use the “Copy Order” action to copy the quote to a new sales order.

They would like to automate that process.

I’d like to use a Business Event to automatically copy the quote to a new sales order through an import scenario.

I see that there’s a Field/Action in the import scenario screen for that action, but I don’t know how the rest of the import scenario lines need to be configured to support that function.

Has anyone had success with this?

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 22 October 2021, 19:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thought this was interesting so I did it.  

Step one is to create a GI to select the record you want to copy from (this will be associated with  your business event).  In my case I just created a simple GI that selected the Order Type and Order number and created a filter to pick a specific quote.  Here is the results of my GI:

Then I created a data provider and an import scenario.  The Data Provider was tied to the GI.  Here is the import scenario.

I ran it and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That’s amazing!! I can’t wait to try it out!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Sorry for the long delay, I had a death in the family and have been out of the office.

I tried your solution and it worked beautifully, except one thing: the order type is not SO on the recurring order that’s being copied. SO is what defaults in the dialog box that pops up when you copy an order and I cannot figure out where in the Import Scenario I need to tell it what the order type is for the new order.

I’ve tried adding it in several places in the Import Scenario with no success. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MRoszkowski15  - any further ideas for @donnadeskins55 ? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @donnadeskins55  As shown below, you can hardcode the OrderType in the 4th line to =’WO’ (for example).

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved