Solved

Business Event import scenario, finding the GI result grid if it's a formula

• 15 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a business event that has a subscriber that is an Import Scenario.  The GI that the Business Event uses has a few formulas in the results grid.  When designing the import scenario, all you can see for GI result grid lines that are formulas is something like “=[POReceiptLine_Formula5b2e0f32d4304e46852164172e23dab5]”.  Other than trial and error, does anyone know how to tell what the result grid line is?

For example, the business event creates an inventory adjustment based on a GI that looks at PO Receipt Lines.  I have several formulas in the GI results grid.  One formula is multiplying the ReceiptQty by an attribute, and I gave it a Caption of “Ext. Cost”.  However, when I go into the business event subscriber’s import scenario to map that GI results grid line to the Adjustment’s Extended Cost field I don’t see “Ext Cost”, I just see the formula ID’s. 

I know I could put the formula in the Import Scenario, but if something in the formula needs to be modified I want to do it by modifying the GI formula, not the import scenario.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 15 April 2021, 05:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jjones,

I just created a sample GI and the business event with the import scenario.

Yes, In the Import Scenario mapping, when we click on the Edit (Pencil) button, on the external fields it is showing Formula fields (As these fields are NOT available in DAC/Tables), but if you directly click on the dropdown(Source Field/Value) then we can able to get the fields with caption names, which we provided in Generic Inquiry. Please find the screenshots for reference. 

Sample Generic Inquiry

Thank you, Naveen.  I sure did make that more difficult than it needed to be!  :) Using that drop down does indeed show the caption.  Problem solved.  Have a great day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jjones  Great :) Thanks for sharing the update 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved