Solved

AR Payment Processing

• 18 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good afternoon,

We are beginning to process AR in ACU. For our high volume customers I am thinking the best way to do this is via import scenarios. I know next to nothing on import scenarios but understand they can be a very powerful tool once understood. 

For context, one remittance may include hundreds, or even thousands of lines that are a combination of AR invoice amounts and deductions against those invoices and cash discounts. I am wondering if I will be able to create one upload that addresses each of these to net me the correct cash deposit amounts. 

Or am I going to have to process the payments in one screen and the Credit memos in another and then apply the two together? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 23 August 2022, 11:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @byates 

You can create the payments and credit memos together and apply them to each other with an import scenario.

A few things to suggest though are:

1. Test in a sandbox first if you have one available or if not, only run one payment/credit memo on the import to test. 
  2. Depending on if you are bringing in the documents that have already been accounted for on the Trial Balance, you will need to put AR in Migration Mode.

Here are the screen shots of the import scenario, the excel file for example and the XML file for it ( you can certainly modify what you need):

Badge +16

Hello,

We can Apply existing Credit Memos in the Payments & Applications screen.  We can apply existing credit memos and payments to invoices at the same time, in a mixed import that identifies document types and reference numbers being matched together in the Payments & Applications screen.  If the credit memo representing customer discounts doesn’t already exist,  you will have two imports: first to create credit memos in Invoices & Memos screen, and second to apply them in Payments and Applications screen.

We can apply two discounts at the same time during payment import.

One common discount is related to early payment, such as payment terms that offer a Cash Discount if paid in the first 10 days. Acumatica will handle the invoice discount payment terms and early payment cash discount in the Payment and Applications screen automatically.

Additionally, we can write off one more amount (one more amount per line if paying invoices by line) at the time the payment is imported. In this example, the customer has 2 discounts applied at the time of payment.  We can import both an early payment discount and a bank fee using a Reason Code to post the bank fee to a proper account.  Both discounts are applied at the time of payment. (Below is a real-life actual example from one of our construction clients.)

If you have more than two kinds of discounts at the time of the payment that are not already represented in the invoice amounts, I’d like to hear more about them and think about a solution. Others on this forum will have ideas too.

Here is the GL from the above payment + 2 discounts:

Badge +16

One more idea… when I teach Import Scenarios, I always suggest to my students as a first step: Manually enter a few of the same transactions that you will be trying to import. Note the fields that are required, those that are skipped, the choices on drop-down fields, and any pop-up questions from the system. Your manual practice and notes will make more obvious the mapping lines that are needed in the import scenarios and will help sort out what can and cannot be accomplished with the standard screens. In general, what we can enter manually, we can import.

If your discounts or customer-provided payment files present special needs that can’t be entered in the standard payments screen, a solution will need to be planned. Imports may be part of the answer or may be the whole answer. Good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks all very much for the responses. I will read and digest all the above once I get a bit of a breath over here. Nonetheless always appreciate the support of the community!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Been reviewing and testing in our test tenant. Admittedly I am spinning my wheels here a bit as I can’t figure out the mapping. For example, we have they payment type mapped to Payment Summary > Type, but I can figure out where to map the Document Type in the upload file as I can’t find the equivalent of the line Doc. Type (Class:ARadjust, Field:AdjdDocType). 

Are there any good tutorial videos or any other resources that I can reference to help me get through this? This is the first of any kind of import scenario I have ever ran. 

Thank you,

Brandon

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Been reviewing and testing in our test tenant. Admittedly I am spinning my wheels here a bit as I can’t figure out the mapping. For example, we have they payment type mapped to Payment Summary > Type, but I can figure out where to map the Document Type in the upload file as I can’t find the equivalent of the line Doc. Type (Class:ARadjust, Field:AdjdDocType). 

Are there any good tutorial videos or any other resources that I can reference to help me get through this? This is the first of any kind of import scenario I have ever ran. 

Thank you,

Brandon

Hi @byates 

I suggest going to the Acumatica Open University. There are good videos there. 

https://openuni.acumatica.com/

Badge +16

Hello,

Here is an import that I use to apply existing payments and credits. To use it for Creating payments at the same time, you’ll need to add the Customer ID in the summary.  I’ll attach this and a separate import that I use to create payments.  The example is not using any Write-off but does accommodate payment discount terms. They are from a previous version of Acumatica. If you see red text after import you may need to adjust a few fields because of the older version, but it should be very close to what you need.  I marked a few things in this screen shot.

1. To find the apply to fields, choose a different object in the left column.
  2. I’ve had to adjust the Commit checkbox in order to pay multiple invoices on the same payment.
  3. OK, I’m having trouble attaching the above item, see error below. It’s short; you could just type it as above.  Or, if you PM me your email I’ll send in email.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved