Solved

Adding ACH Addenda, where is the Vendor Reference Number Located

• 18 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve set up the ACH Payments and that works. Now, Accounting would like to send the Vendor Reference Number in the ACH Payment, too. I found a tutorial on setting up ACH Addenda in the Export Scenario here:

Modifying Acumatica ACH Export Scenarios

The problem is that their tutorial doesn’t show the entire field name for PPD_PaymentRelatedInformation_ID. On the Bills and Adjustments screen it has a field with the label Vendor Ref, but if I Inspect Element, it’s an entire different field name from the APInvoice object. In the Export Scenario they are using APPaymentApplications as the source object. I can’t find documentation anywhere for that object and it is not included in Acumatica anywhere that I can see.

We’re going to being doing more ACH payments soon, so I would like to know if I’m using the right field. Right now, my field for PPD_PaymentRelatedInformation_ID is set to:

=(rtrim([APPaymentApplications.VendorRef]))

My gut tells me this is wrong and VendorRef isn’t a field, but I don’t actually know that and was hoping for some help because Crestwood hasn’t answered me and I don’t even know if they will since they are not our service provider. We’re actually in the middle of switching service providers and I’ve never received a working answer from our current provider so at the moment, I’m not even bothering asking them.

icon

Best answer by Vinay Koppula 19 November 2021, 06:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@ally I believe you are correct on PPD_PaymentRelatedInformation_ID, VendorRef is a correct field which can be used to reconcile the payments. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ally Did you ever figure out your issue?

I’m trying to add in the AcctReferenceNbr on the Vendor record but can’t figure out the formatting.

Userlevel 1

@cshaheen26 I have it working but I wouldn’t necessarily call it the right way.

There’s another entity in batch payments called APPaymentApplications which has a one to many relationship using APPaymentList as the parent entity. In APPaymentApplications there is the field InvoiceNbr which is the Vendor Reference Number from the Bill. The problem with using APPaymentApplications is that you cannot have a lump sum on #6 line and concatenate the Vendor Reference Numbers on the #7 line. It will make #6 and #7 lines for each bill you are paying so each Bill will be on it’s own line, which is a problem if you have a large number of Bills to pay to one Vendor and don’t want to send them separate payments for each bill. @matthewbeebe was working on trying to find a way to have one #6 line for a lump sum and list the bill invoice numbers in the #7 line. The problem there is that there is a 94 character limit on each line so there are only so many bills that can be paid depending on the length of the vendor reference number.

Also, my company’s bank wants the line count and total count to be different to what Acumatica automatically generates. Right now, Acumatica will make the line count increment by 1 for every payment, but technically speaking, each payment has two lines which are #6 and #7 and the bank wants that as the line total and total count instead of counting the number of payments.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ally Thanks! Come to find out, I have to add an additional Detail ID to the payment instructions for the Payment method. See by post here. 

However, I am getting the error regarding the total count issue. Have you been able to resolve this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

How can I include the line count in the ACH export scenario?

Eg. if I pay two vendors then the = 2

Thanks

Desh

Is there a way to fix the length of the field.

Example - Vendor name length - 30.

but the data  is “Behasa Pte” but in the file when export it should show with space till 30 character.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi AG41

under Data Providers - > Schema Tab - > Source fields - > select the field and set the data length

Hi @dwijebandara26 

It has been set but problem is when company name is less than 30 character, its not filling up with spaces.

Below is the bank format file.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ag41 

The selected Provider type may have a variable length, so the export file will eliminate the spaces. try with another Provider type.  

I have tried with other provider too, its not coming with desired output.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved