Shipped Not Invoiced

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

I was wondering if any in the community is using the Shipped not invoiced functionality in Acumatica and if so what their feedback is on the functionality. I am currently exploring switching to this functionality as I do not like the way the system handles SO Order shipments from an inventory perspective.  My issue is that we do not invoice an SO until it is delivered to the customer. Which at that point we are invoicing and posting the IN so that the revenue and the expense are posted at the same time. However, with the OTB configuration  this process leaves the inventory in the system at the site until it is invoiced when, in my opinion, it should move the inventory from the site to an In-transit account until and invoice is created and the COGS are expensed.

So I have been looking into the shipped not invoiced which placed the inventory cost into a Accrual account until the invoice is posted. However, OTB it appears that this Shipped Not Invoiced account does not show up on a Inventory report and thus we are understanding the book value of out inventory by the in-transit amount. Moreover, I am concerned of the ability to reconcile the shipped not invoiced account down the line. 

So if anyone has been using this functionality I would appreciate your thoughts on how it is working for you and any issues or roadblocks you have seen working with it. 

Thanks,

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Nobody has experimented with this functionality?

Userlevel 2

Hi 

We have implemented this and so far dont have a 100% solution for recon In Transit and Stock.

We currently use the status if Confirmed it is IN Transit and Invoiced Release takes it out of stock.

In short Shipments confirmed needs to be added to stock Figures.

Not sure if this help.

Kind regards

Elena Olivier 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@byates , ‘Goods IN Transit’ in Acumatica terms manes stock in transit between the company;’s own warehouses rather than in transit to a customer.

The Shipped Not Invoiced setting is only designed for complying with revenue/expense matching principle when the inventory issue is created from a shipment before invoice. This setup does not have any effect on the inventory module per se.

There is the Qty So SHipped column in the inventory summary to see the stock quantitites which left the warehouse but were not issued from inventory (InSiteStatus.QtySOShipped). You can this value for you reports. 

Also notice that Qty So SHipped value decreases the Qty Available for Issue (if it is necessaty to know actual stock availabllity in a warehouse)

Userlevel 1

@byates did you ever resolve this accrual issue? I’m also looking for similar solution as we don’t won’t P&L COGS to hit until month of invoicing

Userlevel 4
Badge

@byates did you ever resolve this accrual issue? I’m also looking for similar solution as we don’t won’t P&L COGS to hit until month of invoicing

So we have been using the Shipped Not invoiced for a few months. Overall it is working well and the financials flow as expected. The inventory value shows up on the BS no issues there. Still does not show in the subledger which is not really a need honestly. Biggest obstacle is building a GI that easily shows what is sitting in the SNI account. Our consultants have spent numerous numerous hours creating a GI to no avail. I personally do not think this is a difficult GI I to build I just have not had the time to look into it. It is easy enough to pull the details from a few other sources (ie SO Order, Shipments) to get to the same info so it has not been on the top of my list.  This is just a reporting issue and not an issue with the SNI functionality as it is working as desired. 

Userlevel 1

@byates I really appreciate your detailed response here as it’s helpful direction.

I assume you’re using this with SO and non-stock items? The reason I make this assumption is because I tested with a stock item going through (skipped SO only because we know what to expect there) PO, Bill, and Invoice and it looks like the stock item cost posted when invoicing which was exactly what we wanted but we were hoping for this solution with non-stock items since 95% of our business is drop-ship. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@charltonh just to clarify, when you say drop ship do you mean you ship it to a 3rd party wholesaler/distributer and they ship the product to the end consumer/customer? 

Userlevel 1

@byates we’re still in implementation and I’m not confident about my consultants’ abilities but so far through what they’ve explained and what I’ve read from product documentation is that non-stock use is considered drop ship since it doesn’t actually add the item to our inventory

Userlevel 4
Badge

@charltonh We do not use non stock items in our SO documents for the most part. For the ones that we do, they do not show up on a shipment (as they are a “service Charge” of sorts and not a physical good) and only get moved from SO to AR Invoice, they do not populate on a shipment. I am not sure what you industry or what your processes are so I can’t really speak to your situation. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

[Use Shipped - Not - Invoiced Account]

Thank you for the valuable information shared.

We use the Shipped-Not-Invoiced Account on our order type to ensure that it generates an inventory transaction. The release of the inventory Issue on the Issues form (IN302000) post the the correct GL accounts, How do you set the Sub Account to post to the Warehouse segment values? 

I have reviewed the posting class settings, reason code settings, but cannot find the accounts that will allow you to set the criteria for the Issues transactions

Retha

Userlevel 1
Badge

[Use Shipped - Not - Invoiced Account]

Thank you for the valuable information shared.

We use the Shipped-Not-Invoiced Account on our order type to ensure that it generates an inventory transaction. The release of the inventory Issue on the Issues form (IN302000) post the the correct GL accounts, How do you set the Sub Account to post to the Warehouse segment values? 

I have reviewed the posting class settings, reason code settings, but cannot find the accounts that will allow you to set the criteria for the Issues transactions

Retha

Hi Do you know how do you set the Sub Account to post to the Warehouse segment values on this issue transaction?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved