Solved

How to replace a Released budget?

Hello

I’ve released a budget (in a ledger called FORECST) but now wish to replace this entirely.

Can I simply load this via an Excel import and it will replace everything?

Or can I load a zero budget and then load the correct values?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by vkumar 24 May 2022, 05:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sbenosn 

Please refer to following documentation which has instruction to modify ‘released’ budget. 

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7118d45a-1207-4bb4-9147-b5979b4c6de6

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Badge +16

Yes, import your new budget over the top of the existing one, and then release.

Hi

Thanks.

There is a problem in that if the old budget has accounts combinations that are not used in the replacement budget these are retained and need to be manually adjusted.

This is an issue where the subaccounts are quite detailed and the reason for a budgetary change is movement within and between subaccounts.

Wished that a budget upload zeroed out existing and then replaced with new entirely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sbenosn 

You can use ‘export to excel’ and ‘upload from excel’ option to export the old budget details, modify the numbers on excel and upload it again. 

Distribute if you update just the ‘Amount’ and not distributed amounts

Release the budget after making above changes. 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Thanks Vijay.

Will keep in mind as upload budgets

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved