Solved

How to insert URL link into Dashboard?

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Jr Varsity II
  • 103 replies

Hi All

I am thinking to add the link -Accumatica Financial Report - BS and PL into the dashboard.

So that we can get the financial statement BS and PL after click the URL link from dashboard directly instead go in to financial module to look for the financial statement - BS and PL?

Anyone can help and advise on this matter?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 28 June 2021, 07:49

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@erin  I don’t think we can add the Report links in Dashboard to redirect to Report.

Every time instead of going to the finance module and check for the report, simply you can add these reports to Favorites just like below from there you can easily access the reports..

Please find the screenshots for reference.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Naveen.

Thank you very much for your reply.

As i would like to show the Gross Profit and Net Profit figure in the Dashboard but those figure is only extract from financial statement - P&L . Not sure if you have any idea that how to show these figure in dashboard in order for management easier to review the financial result directly ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@erin 

To show the P&L figures, you may need to work on the Scorecard KPI dashboards by creating the generic inquires.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Naveen

Noted ,Thanks for your advise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You can add wiki article as a widget to the dashboard. And in the wiki article, you can include any link.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Here’s another idea for adding hyperlinks to financial reports on a Dashboard. I personally like using the Description field because it’s so flexible:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@erin

To show the P&L figures, you may need to work on the Scorecard KPI dashboards by creating the generic inquires.

Hi Naveen

I am not familiar with the Scorecard KPI, not sure if you able to  create a simple generic inquiries of the P& L figure ( example : Gross profit figure  and Net Profit figure) in  dashboard for me to explore and figuring out the format ?

thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @erin ! I haven’t vetted this solution thoroughly, but depending on the need you could try to embed the Balance sheet into an embedded page type widget:

Or create a custom screen which is maybe a little cleaner to display this and embed that screen instead.

Could just be me trying to find creative ways to use the embedded screen within the site itself :clown:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @erin ! I haven’t vetted this solution thoroughly, but depending on the need you could try to embed the Balance sheet into an embedded page type widget:

Or create a custom screen which is maybe a little cleaner to display this and embed that screen instead.

Could just be me trying to find creative ways to use the embedded screen within the site itself :clown:

Hi Hi 

Good good! My system is 2021 version not sure if have this kind embedded function ?

If Yes, could you guide me how to do that? we would like to create a custom screen to display this and embed that screen instead.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

Badge

You can add wiki article as a widget to the dashboard. And in the wiki article, you can include any link.

Hi Irina,

What happens if the URL link is of external nature?

Can I click the URL link and Acumatica is able to open the link on a new window? 

I tried doing so with links with https:// and failed, due to Acumatica tried to open it in the frame itself. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @saiful murad, just in case you are still researching on this topic.

For external links, I like creating wiki articles and add links in HTML format as shown below:

<a href="https://abcdx.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=fk84NkNJNDcwVVg1Nk1JRy4u" target="blank_"; style="color:#000000; text-decoration:none">Click here to enter IT Request for New Hires:</a>

Note: “Blank_” will open the external site in a separate window.

Then, on the dashboard, you add the wiki and all your links will be nicely displayed here.

Badge

@aborisova37 Thank You so much.  It worked beautifully.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Can anyone else on this Discussion Topic confirm the behavior that I’m noticing on Dashboards?

The <a href… technique used to work in the Header and Wiki Page Widgets, but now it doesn’t seem to work, it just shows the <a href… HTML code. I’m noticing it in Acumatica 2023 R2, but it could have broke in 2023 R1.

I came up with a sort-of workaround, but I don’t want to mention it here in case Acumatica broke this on purpose for security reasons. In my opinion though, being able to drop external links on Dashboards is basic functionality that we should have.

Userlevel 2

@TimRodman I am upgrading a client from 2022 R1 to 2023 R2 and have experienced the above issue where they used to use a header with html to access an office form and it no longer works.  Can you let me know your work around and if you found out if Acumatica broke this for security reasons or if it was unintentional?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Well, I don’t want to mention it in case Acumatica shuts down the workaround 🤐

It’s not pretty though.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved