External AP Check printing and mailing service (Bill.com, Checkissuing.com)

• 13 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Has anyone done an integration with Bill.com or checkissuing.com?

Issue: We have several customers that issue a large number of AP check each month through Bill.com. This results in a lot of manual entry, labor printing, stuffing and mailing checks.  The customer is open to moving to other solutions or continuing with Bill.com along with an integration that allows the AP bills to be input once and the bill and remittance recorded in Acumatica.

https://www.checkissuing.com/

https://www.bill.com/

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ChrisLong21  this is a great question and suggestion for Acumatica to build.  I just saw a report that Bill.com has over 100,000 customers….

100,000 customers

Bill.com has 100,000 customers and claims that over 1% of all US businesses have used its service to either pay or to get paid, with $50 billion in payments processed annually.Oct 10, 2017

Bill.com is the latest fintech heavyweight, with a $742.8 million ...

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ChrisLong21 SmartPayables.com (https://www.smartpayables.com/) is another service to consider for integration with Acumatica.  One path to integration would be via export file.

1. Input AP Bills into Acumatica
  2. Run payment selection with payment method for external service
  3. Run batch process (similar to ACH process) to generate export file for upload to the external AP Check processing company

In this scenario, all approvals, payment selection, and check number assignments happen in Acumatica.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow, 

This bill.com is amazing.

Want to check that also and if I can sold it in APAC :)

Daru

Userlevel 4
Badge

@purwandaruw47 bill.com is also the most expensive.

@ChrisLong21 SmartPayables.com (https://www.smartpayables.com/) is another service to consider for integration with Acumatica.  One path to integration would be via export file.

1. Input AP Bills into Acumatica
  2. Run payment selection with payment method for external service
  3. Run batch process (similar to ACH process) to generate export file for upload to the external AP Check processing company

In this scenario, all approvals, payment selection, and check number assignments happen in Acumatica.

@jgress  - This is exactly what I’ve seen done previously as an Acumatica customization (including connecting to the customer’s bank/ftp site for transmittal).  All approval/workflow was done within Acumatica, but checks were printed by the bank/service.

@ChrisLong21 - The Bill.com is a request we’ve seen a number of times (including multiple start ups that will initially use a service).  Great topic, consideration to a canned integration point would be terrific.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have built an ISO 20022-compliant integration that allows for outsourced check printing, ACH, FedWire and international wire payments among other things. So far I have worked with HSBC and JP Morgan but this is an international standard and should be extensible to any bank that supports the standard. The payment files are generated from the Batch Payments screen and automatically submitted to the bank through secure FTP with digital certificates and PGP encryption/signing.

The setup process is more complicated than I’d like, but it’s probably expected since you’re dealing with banks’ financial backend systems… this is a solution that is mostly suitable for clients with a large number of bank accounts, companies and payment volume.

Userlevel 4
Badge

It’s a good discussion regd ACH and integrations that could be made possible, what are Companies doing as of today? Are they using the ACH feature and exporting the data out of Acumatica and then having to import into such services and process the payments especially the ACH? How abt NACHA file format? 

We just did a project for another software where we had to export the payment details to specific bank format in this case it was Wells Fargo and they were able to import and process printed checks as a service and yes as @Gabriel Michaud  mentioned the process is bit time consuming.

I would love to hear any other thoughts and whether the community needs a plugin here or would plugin be too generic and maybe this solution is a customization.

I’d upvote this as well. We use Bill.com internally for AR as well as AP, and there is a fair bit of manual processing.

Bill.com has a rest API, and if Acumatica would reach out to them then the integration would not be difficult.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a large amount of payables, you should contact Paymerang.  They handle printing and mailing checks for you at no cost to you. 

You simply setup a Cash Account called Paymerang which would normally have a zero balance, and then you print checks to the screen and post them.  After that, use a Generic Inquiry to pull the remittance information into Excel and upload to Paymerang.  After that, you do a funds transfer from your operating account to the Paymerang account over the phone with them and record that bank transfer in Acumatica.

Paymerang makes money by approaching your vendors to see if they would like faster payments with ACH for a fee.

They share those fees with you so you can actually turn your payables department into a revenue center by using Paymerang for your no cost outsourced processing of payments to your vendors.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved