Solved

Entering a Bill but the debit and credit account changes

• 26 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello everyone,

I need advice on a particular situation...I have several communication bills that needs entering but for accounting purposes, it needs to hit different account e.g. accrued expense, cash in bank etc...is there a way that I can call them up in the bills and adjustment screen? instead of calling the item from the inventory?

Thanks in advance,

mrivera67

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 26 January 2021, 16:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can set a default expense account for the vendor under the GL Accounts Tab of the Vendor Profile, so when you enter a line in an AP bill for that vendor, the default Expense account (and subaccount if you are using those) can populate for you.

If you are trying to record a direct payment of a bill (i.e. the bill and the payment) in the same transaction (since you mentioned “cash in bank” as one of the accounts) take a look at entering the bill using the “Quick Check” screen to record the expense and payment together and make sure you select the correct bank account at the top.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved