Question

Email Template for AR Invoices

• 11 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to add the primary contact’s name to my email notifications when emailing AR Invoices, e.g. Dear John Smith.

But when I try to add a data field, I only get the Primary Contact ID number, e.g. Dear 6689

In an earlier version I was able to use the “Attention” field, but now that field is greyed out in the Billing section. I have to manually override the settings and add the contact. 

Is there a way to add the greeting without having to override all my contacts? It’s too easy to overlook that tab. 

Thanks

2 replies

Thanks, but I tried all those fields and they all came out blank.  There’s just not field to link the “Primary Contact” table to the email template. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

You could probably try:

(DefaultCompanyContact.FirstName)) ((DefaultCompanyContact.LastName))   OR ((customer.DefContactID.FirstName)) ((customer.DefContactID.LastName))  (depending on what tables are available in the related Generic Inquiry.

It also looks like ((Billing_Contact.Attention)) is still available in 2020R2, but I haven’t tested it personally.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved