Solved

AR Close financial periods detected unrelease documents where the document have posted and status = closed

• 26 September 2022
  • 10 replies

I facing a problem when run AR Close Financial periods which detected an unreleased document (credit memo) on 06-2021. I checked the document found that this document posted in 05-2021 and status is closed.

Anyone can advise me how to clear this document from Unreleased Document and able to process close financial period for 06-2021.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 28 September 2022, 13:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @vivienkiong56 

Can you verify what is listed on the Application tab? Is there an Invoice attached to the Credit Memo and if so, what is the status of that Invoice?

I have checked the documents are under ‘Closed’ status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @vivienkiong56 

What is the status of the Invoice referenced that was corrected?

The status of Invoice# AR21-0904 is Cancelled. Is this caused the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The status of Invoice# AR21-0904 is Cancelled. Is this caused the problem?

Most likely because the system is still looking for all things to be closed. 

Can I change the invoice status to closed in backend on relate table - AR Register, AR Tran, etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can I change the invoice status to closed in backend on relate table - AR Register, AR Tran, etc?

It’s not recommended to do that ever. I would suggest to enter a new invoice. 

Badge +18

Please, can you show more information?

I would like to see the Unreleased Documents list from the Close AR screen, to see all documents that could prohibit closing 06-2021. 

I’d like to see the AR Release Documents screen with a filter for post periods 05-2021 and 06-2021, to make sure all documents are released.

I’d like to see the Invoices & Memos Preview List with a filter for Post Periods 05-2021 and 06-2021  and Status = Hold, Balanced, Pending Approval… include all statuses that are not released/ not posted

Thank you!

1. Unreleased Documents
  1. Invoice & Memos for Period=05-2021, 06-2021 for Customer=Liantat

Badge +18

Thank you for these details. You have ruled out more possibilities.  I have one idea to try before you open a support ticket with Acumatica: run AR Process Recalculate Customer Balances.

Select on three checkboxes at the top.  Select on customer YU0052, then Process. If Credit CN21-0101 still prohibits closing of the GL, then open an Acumatica support ticket. Provide the URL for this post on your support ticket support to help move the ticket along more quickly.

Good luck!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved