Solved

Using field services to track the locations of customer items

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

Our client needs to track the location and use of medical devices after they have been sold to their customer.  

I was planning on using service orders to do this but there appear to be no place to record that an item of equipment has been moved from one location to the other.  These moves need to be tracked.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

James

icon

Best answer by Laura02 5 July 2022, 15:04

View original

7 replies

Badge +16

Hello,

We can use the Equipment screen in Services module to track the location of equipment that belongs to our customers:

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Laura,   I was hoping to have this as a service order action so that it would track when and by whom it was moved.  Seeing all the “moves” is another requirement.

Badge +16

Auditing the screen/fields will provide a method of recording each change.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes, but we are looking for a solution for engineers to use on the mobile device.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Maybe you could use Resource equipment VS Target Equipment,,,,

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Max75,

Thanks for this suggestion,

As I see it the actions for changing location are the same whether it is  Target Equipment of Resource Equipment.

It seems to me that the web screens lack history for location changes (although we can use the audit tracking) and they are too complicated for technicians to use.

The mobile screens, which is what they will use, suffer from the same issue as well as the fact that the mobile app cannot scan the barcodes.

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jmorgan 
We have created two ideas to cover changing the location of Target Equipment and Resource Equipment items 

Please vote on the ideas and share your thoughts. Could you explain the scenarios? will you be changing location Resource Equipment, Target Equipment or both. 

Thanks! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved