Question

Unit Price on Stock Items in appointments and respective invoices

• 7 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We were billing an appointment today, with today's date. We noticed that the invoice amount did not match the total amount on the appointment. W then noticed it was due to the stock items being billed. We saw that the appointment was done Sept 15. When I looked at the unit selling price for the items, the invoice unit price matched what was in inventory but I also noticed that the price update in inventory was done on September 27th. So it seems as though the invoice on APPL's is taking the current price of the stock item regardless of what was priced on the appointment. This only occurs if the price on the stock item after price update is higher than the price on the appointment before price update.

Is there a possible configuration element that I am not aware of that could be causing this as well?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
  1. Are you running the billing from the Appointment directly or doing a Batch Process?
  2. Does the Appointment billing create a Sales Order, Sales Invoice or AR Invoice?
Userlevel 2
Badge
  1. We go into the appointment and click run appointment billing.
  1. It creates an SO invoice
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’ve run a few tests and am not getting the same result you describe. 

1. What Valuation Method do you use for the parts?
  2. Do you have Sales Prices (AR202000) setup for the Customer Price Class or Customer?

I’ve tried to modify different settings to match your description above but I haven’t found anything. Hopefully someone else might know.

Userlevel 2
Badge
  1. We use average as valuation method
  2. We use the default price on the item in the pricing info of said item for appointments

To correct a statement I made earlier, it changes the cost whether or not the price is higher or lower than before and only changes once we change the date of the invoice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

What version of Acumatica are you using. I tried moving the date around on the Sales Invoice and nothing happened.

Check out your settings in the Receivables/Account Receivable Preferences/Pricing (AR101000). These settings read to be for multi-currency but I’m not totally sure. This is what ours looks like.

Userlevel 2
Badge

We are in 2020R2 currently but will be upgrading to 2022R1. Are you saying this issue is fixed in a later version?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I don’t know if there were any changes that would affect what you are seeing. I just asked the question so anyone else looking at this would have the information in the event there were changes between versions.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jvinski71 - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  1. We use average as valuation method
  2. We use the default price on the item in the pricing info of said item for appointments

To correct a statement I made earlier, it changes the cost whether or not the price is higher or lower than before and only changes once we change the date of the invoice.

We were billing an appointment today, with today's date. We noticed that the invoice amount did not match the total amount on the appointment. W then noticed it was due to the stock items being billed. We saw that the appointment was done Sept 15. When I looked at the unit selling price for the items, the invoice unit price matched what was in inventory but I also noticed that the price update in inventory was done on September 27th. So it seems as though the invoice on APPL's is taking the current price of the stock item regardless of what was priced on the appointment. This only occurs if the price on the stock item after price update is higher than the price on the appointment before price update.

Is there a possible configuration element that I am not aware of that could be causing this as well?

@jvinski71 Are you able to provide ;

1. screenshots of relevant screens with steps you followed ?
          2. Exact build you are in ?

It will be helpful us to providing accurate answers or future steps 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved