Solved

Service Order Contract issue

• 15 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Created Service contract in 2022R1 with newer Billing Type of Beginning - Period Plus and created annual billing for monthly scheduled service.

The service line on the scheduled service is not showing ‘in contract’ as expected and the appointment billing will bill the service when expected to be covered by contract.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 3 August 2022, 17:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Dale,

Here you can find information about the Service Contracts with the Beginning-Period Plus Billing type: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(5))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7b8cd1ac-a1da-4fe2-90ba-1b320dfdcfdd

Regarding the described configuration, please, clarify your scenario.

So, I have created a service contract with the Schedule Generation Type = Appointments.

Then on the Schedules tab I entered a schedule that occurs every month.

Please, illustrate with your screenshots this part:

The service line on the scheduled service is not showing ‘in contract’ as expected and the appointment billing will bill the service when expected to be covered by contract.

Julia

Thank you for your response.

The goal is to create a contract billed up front with monthly service that is not billable (paid by contract)

The Appointment / Service order created by the Contract is creating the service line as billable and I believe the issue is the Service Contract Item Flag and Cover Qty are NOT completed in Service Order generated.

FYI I did create a support case for this, however I posted here to see if anyone had similar experiences.

Julia

After further testing...

It looks like now the Contract item flag is not used but the Free Item flag is used….

When you using Billing Type Beginning-Period Fixed the free item flag is true on the Service Order line, when the Billing Period Beginning - Period Plus in used the free item flag is false.

I believe this is a bug.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the additional info provided.

I tested further on my local and observed the same behavior, as well. Then upon my quick research I couldn’t find any information regarding the described system behavior.

I suggest to wait for the answer with clarification in the created support case. Please, update this post with the resolution from the case, once received.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dales50 - were you able to find a solution for your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @dales50 
The service contract has the following billing types: 

• End Period Plus: Billing will be handled at the end of the period. With this kind of Service Contracts you are able to define a covered amount/quantity, and if exceeded, then an overage may apply. Appointments and Service Orders created for this type of service contract will use the following columns to define if the item is covered or not: Service Contract Item, Covered Quantity, Overage Unit Price and Overage Quantity.  Billing of these appointments/service orders will included on the invoice that is generated at the end of the period. 
  • Beginning Period Fixed: Billing will be handled at the beginning of the period. With this kind of Service Contracts you are able to bill a flat rate amount at the beginning of the period. Any additional item added on Appointments and Service Orders by default will be billed with zero price, this is, items will be set as Free Item true. Billing of these appointments/service orders will be done at time of service. 
  • Beginning Period Plus: Billing will be handled at the beginning of the period. With this kind of Service Contracts you are able to bill a flat rate amount at the beginning of the period. Any additional item added on Appointments and Service Orders by default will be billed, this is, items will be set as Free Item false. Billing of these appointments/service orders will be done at time of service. 

Hope this clarifies the behaviors. 

@Anacarina Calvo Welcome back!  we missed you !  smiles

Please see case 247820 that is in Dev related to this topic 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@dales50  great to be back :) 
Case 247820 is not considered a bug but instead is marked as a Change request to improve the current behavior. 
Typically on the Beginning Period Fixed or Plus contracts, the item to bill at the beginning of the period will be a flat rate non-stock item, for example, an item called CONTRACTFEE. If in addition you want to cover certain services that are included on the schedules I would recommend the following setting: 

• Create the Service Contract as Beginning Period Plus and on the Schedules, add the services and select Billing Rule None. That way, these services “will be covered” by the contract and any additional service or stock item, added on the field will be billable by default.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved