Solved

Add a p.o. to a service order after it was creeated.

• 19 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We have a lot of back office staff and our AP clerk accidentally deleted a line on a service order that has a P.O. attached to it.  Now we have no way of getting correct costs to the service order that will reference the any accounting data in the system.  we need to add the line back so we can have the backup of the P.O. and then the trail to the AP invoice so it shows on the service order as the customer requires all backup and the AR clerk can invoice the service order for the correct amount.  We are running 2019R1.

In a side note, the rest of the system should talk to the service management for proper cost accounting.

icon

Best answer by Irina 8 February 2021, 12:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @andrew15, sorry for the long reply.

Currently, there is no way to do so. Please submit this as an idea: https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Let me elaborate on my previous comment.

Currently, the PO cost is not tracked in the Service Order or Appointment.

One method of handling the cost would be to manually update the cost on the service order: If the service order hasn’t been invoiced, you can simply add the line back. Many customers use Projects to track the cost in Field Service. If the PO is associated with a project the cost will show there.

Userlevel 3
Badge

How can you manually update the cost of an item?  I have a client using Stock Item so they can issue a PO.  We want the ACTUAL cost of the item to populate cost on the Field Service Order.  Currently, it is using no cost or the average cost of the stock item.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I have added as an idea for users to vote. Please vote here.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved