Solved

Access Rights in one form element also preventing use in another form element

Userlevel 4
Badge

I mentioned a problem that we were having in crediting and reinvoicing a service order in another thread, and then I discovered that this was the problem.

We have restricted all users access to cancel invoices (we have specific users who need to create credit memos in specific ways, so we don’t want them to use this shortcut).  As a result of this, the ability to “Add Return Line” has also automatically been restricted.  See below.  The orange should be restricted, the green should be allowed:

@Anacarina Calvo  you mentioned that I should log a case to see why the “Add Return Line” was not allowed, would you agree that the Cancel Invoice access should not affect the “Add Return Line” access?  These are two separate functionalities in my opinion.

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 3 August 2022, 14:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

The problem here is actually higher up than I initially described.  For audit and fraud prevention reasons, our users cannot delete invoices, the numbering sequence must remain intact.  For this reason we have given “Insert” access to users on the form as follows:

1. Workspace = Sales order
  2. Form = Invoices = Delete Access
  3. Container = AR Invoice/Memo = Insert Access 

Everywhere else on this container, and in the container elements, the access is "Inherited".  However, the "Add Return Line" button is not available.

When I change the "Insert" access back to "Inherited" it reappears.  This doesn't make sense to me - the Insert access on the form is surely unrelated to the Add Return Line access?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MarciaW - were you ever able to find a solution for this issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @MarciaW - were you ever able to find a solution for this issue? Thank you!

Hi Chris

I haven’t had any answers but I think I will log it through support and see what they say.  Thanks for checking in.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarciaW 
I do not see why Add Return Line and Cancel Invoice actions would be connected. I agree that the best is to create a case to investigate further. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

OK logged.

Userlevel 4
Badge

This has been resolved in 2021R2 update 19 (21.219.0019) .

It’s available for download, published on community and shown up inside Acumatica under “Apply Updates” page:

https://community.acumatica.com/supported-releases-67/acumatica-2021-r2-update-19-build-21-219-0019-11987

http://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=builds/21.2/21.219.0019/          

Release Notes: https://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/21.2/ReleaseNotes/Release_Notes_for_Acumatica_21_219_0019.pdf

AC-249676: The Add SO Line and Add Return Line buttons on the Details tab of the Invoices (SO303000) form were disabled for the user that had been assigned the Insert access rights for this form.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing the resolution with the community @MarciaW !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved