Solved

Typing Shipment # to the Print Job ID - Any way to do it?

• 20 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I can’t seem to find a way to match the print job ID to the Shipment # that the print job was generated from in a GI.

We are printing our shipping labels from the process shipment screen and would like to reference and print older labels on occasion. The only way to do that is through the print job screen, but the problem with that screen is we can only see the print job.

Trying to reprint a label through the print job screen is a guessing game as there is no way to know which print job was connected to which order. 

Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 20 September 2022, 21:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @brendan91 

Where are you getting the Print job ID from? Can you share a screen shot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @brendan91 Trying to reprint a label through the print job screen is a guessing game as there is no way to know which print job was connected to which order. - For this, you need to work on a ustomization to bring order number and order type

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@kbeatty21 I’ve attached screen shots. It’s found in the device hub log as well as in the print job screen.

@manikantad18 I’ll open up a feature request post then. I don’t even think there is even a date/time field I could try to merge them on.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@brendan91 - Just curious since you made a mention of “Print Jobs” Screen. Did you try selecting a Job and doing a PREVIEW?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@RohitBhandurge We are printing everything as .ZPL files or zebra printer files which do not display when you click that button. Acumatica doesn’t have a .zpl reader so if we want to review one of our labels we need to copy and paste the code into this tool http://labelary.com/viewer.html

Userlevel 5
Badge

@brendan91 - Understood. Assuming you are printing those labels through DeviceHub. 

Quick question (PLEASE IGNORE IF THIS IS NOT RELATED TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION):

Are you using an integration with Shipping Carrier to confirm shipment and generate the labels?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I guess the images didn’t attach correctly in my last post. 

We are using the native UPS Worldship and USPS Stamps integrations which print through device hub, but these labels are printed through “process shipments” screen, not an app. Alternatively, they could also be reprinted through “print jobs.”

Userlevel 5
Badge

@brendan91 - Alright. So I am assuming that these labels will be available on the Packages Tab of the Shipments as an attachments. You can retrieve these on the ZPL software if you want to reprint them.

This is manual effort.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Yes, we do grab the file from packages and use labelary to view the file. Sorry for the lack of clarity, I was not asking how we can print an already processed label, but we are looking for a way to make it an easier task.

What I wanted to do was build a generic inquiry that has the Shipment Number and the Print Job ID merged adjacent and ideally have the print job ID as a clickable parameter (though it doesn't look like the print job screen allows for that) so that I can offer it to our shipping department as a small efficiency to their job. 

I also ran into the problem today where labels would occasionally double printing in 2022 R1. This was a reported problem in the 2019 version, but seems to be occurring again in our system. I wanted to report this, but I could not identify which order in the device hub log was the one that double printed. All I had was the shipment number with no way to connect it to the print job ID

Userlevel 3
Badge

@brendan91 Can you check if this would work for you? The PX.SM.SMPrintJobParameter appears to show the REFNBR with the associated Print ID. I created this GI (attached). Let me know if this is what you were looking for and if it helps in finding the shipment # tied to your print ID. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved